Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Ireland
Irish Wikipedians' notice board
Irish Wikipedians' related news
Ireland related discussion (at WikiProject Ireland).
Active Irish Users
Major Irish stubs
Articles on Peer review
Articles on FA review
Articles under consideration for FA drive
|WikiProject Ireland was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on March 2010. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Any threads with no replies in 30 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
Help with a draft?
Can someone help find sources for the draft article Draft:Ag Criost an Siol? A user has requested its restoration, but I think that it'd help if someone familiar with the poem helped look for sources since they said it's a well known liturgical poem in Ireland. Tokyogirl79 (｡◕‿◕｡) 11:58, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
Provinces of Ireland problem
For any interested WP Ireland editors please comment at Talk:Provinces_of_Ireland#Opening_paragraph_of_lede_issue, where an IP is objecting the improvement of the articles opening sentence. Mabuska (talk) 13:06, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
- I am considering removing the paragraph Peace_Commissioner#Foreign_Recognition because it is uncited and sounds dubious and seems to be an advertisment for a Commissioner for Oaths. Does anyone have any citations for this paragraph that can be added, or should it be removed? --19:01, 14 February 2015 (UTC)Quentin Smith 19:01, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
- Done. --20:15, 14 February 2015 (UTC)Quentin Smith 20:15, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
Category talk:Celtic-language surnames
Making a complaint against another Wikipedian
I need some help. Could someone tell me who I should go to about harrassment on Wikipedia? There is another (almost certainly Irish) Wikipedian who continually reverts any additions I make to Wikipedia articles, even when I give exact references. Just a few days ago, I made a number of, if I say so myself, very informed, accurate and scrupulously referenced additions to the Wikipedia article on Castleblayney. This particular Wikipedian, I noticed today, has removed ALL my additions, reverting them all, even though they all had proper, academic references.
I consider this behavior to be harrassment and I want it stopped. I want an independent adjudicator on Wikipedia to intervene in this long-running dispute. I want all my recent additions to the Castleblayney article to be reinstated in full, as, in this case, I have done absolutely nothing wrong. It is this kind of harassment that gives Wikipedia a bad name, as Jimmy Wales recently alluded to. I need help in this matter, as I don't know what to do or who to turn to. Laggan Boy (talk) 19:24, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
- Didnt see this til now. Well for those concerned for an update, I have gone through the Castleblayney article and re-instated the reference material removed some overlinking, and non-notable people for the list, also the entire music section (Laggan Boy didnt add). As for long running, I have engaged with this editor as an IP, then user, and still occasional IP, since shortly after I started editing on here, he has been on longer than I. He has improved vastly, but edits like this still crop up, as does overlinking. The editor has started since the new year to add WP:RS and references, but occasionally drifts back. Murry1975 (talk) 20:25, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
- Personally, I dislike the practice of blanket reverting and then adding back, but there's no rule about it and no grounds for complaint. On the other hand, it is not polite to post a message in a forum like this making a complaint without informing the other party.
- There certainly was overlinking. There was also an excessive tendency to add titles, and the refs were not well formatted. Having "Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (popularly known as the Pevsner Guide to South Ulster), p. xxx. Yale, London, 2013" in the ref list seventeen times is somewhat over the top. I have fixed that. Scolaire (talk) 20:39, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
- Scolaire, do you know what am still crap at on here, doing the multiple refs to one and the like, after nearly four years. The dyslexia just gets the better of me, I try but end up adding in bear URLs mostly. Thanks for that. Murry1975 (talk) 20:43, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
I accept fully the comments of Scolaire as regards my references in the Castleblayney article. The reason I went 'OTT' with the references was to make sure that Murry1975 would have absolutely no grounds for reverting my edits. It made no difference. Murry1975 still reverted all my edits to that article. Laggan Boy (talk) 21:05, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
There's only one way around all this. Laggan Boy is no more. I'll still be knocking about, but in a different guise. I've been harassed out by Murry1975. This is the type of carry on that Jimmy Wales complained about recently. Hence, as Mr Wales pointed out, so few Wikipedians are either female or non-white. Laggan Boy (talk) 22:38, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
- To be honest User:Laggan Boy, User:Murry1975 did reinsert some good information that had been removed for what seems like no real reason. But I wouldn't worry, you just have to learn to be better. I was harassed by a real republican asshole when I started on this site who plagued me but I got the last laugh when they couldn't nitpick my edits anymore. In fact I ended up being given "autopatrolled" status meaning I am trusted enough to create articles without the need for them to be approved by clerks as is the norm. Mabuska (talk) 22:58, 12 March 2015 (UTC)
- Knocking about, but in a different guise? That sounds a bit dodgy to me, to be honest. Scolaire (talk) 00:14, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
'Knocking about' as in a different User Name and from a different computer, that's all, Scolaire. Nothing more sinister than that, I can assure you!! Life is too short for this kind of harassment that I am getting from the zealot that is Murry1975!! Life is just too short. Laggan Boy (talk) 19:36, 14 March 2015 (UTC)
- Hmmm, you better read this: Wikipedia:Sock puppetry. That will prevent being knocked on. 20:13, 14 March 2015 (UTC)
Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Christian terrorism (2nd nomination) may be of interest - one of the main sections in the article affected concerns The Troubles. BastunĖġáḍβáś₮ŭŃ! 17:11, 20 March 2015 (UTC)