This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
22 December 1919|
|Died||10 June 1944
|Buried at||La Cambe German war cemetery|
|Years of service||1936–44|
|Unit||12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Wilhelm Beck (22 December 1919 – 10 June 1944) was a Hauptsturmführer (Captain) in the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler (LSSAH). He enlisted in the SS and rose to the rank of Hauptsturmführer being awarded the Iron Cross 1st and 2nd class and the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross
Beck served with Michael Wittmann in an assault gun battery of the LSSAH. In 1942 the LSSAH Sturmgeschütz (StuG) unit was brought up to battalion strength and Beck was given command of one of the Batteries, the Battalion commander being Max Wünsche. Beck was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross for his actions in the Third Battle of Kharkov. In 1943 Beck assigned to the SS Division Hitlerjugend as a company commander. He was killed in an air attack by Allied forces near Caen on the 10 June 1944. Beck is buried at the German Cemetery at La Cambe near Caen, France.
- Iron Cross (1939)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 28 March 1943
- Michael Wittman Volume Two By Patrick Agte p.82
- SS Officer Personnel File, NARA
- Grenadiers By Kurt Meyer p.234
- Federl 2000, p. 25.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 208.
- Federl, Christian (2000). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Panzerdivisionen 1939–1945 Die Panzertruppe [The Knight's Cross Bearers of the German Panzer Divisions 1939–1945 The Panzer Force] (in German). Zweibrücken, Germany: VDM Heinz Nickel. ISBN 978-3-925480-43-0.
- Meyer, Kurt (2005) . Grenadiers. Stackpole Military History Series. Stackpole Books. ISBN 978-0-8117-3197-3.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.