(Bachelor of Laws)
Law Development Centre
(Diploma in Legal Practice)
|Occupation||Lawyer & Businessman|
|Years active||1988 — present|
|Home town||Fort Portal|
|Title||Attorney General of Uganda|
|Spouse(s)||Mrs. Jackie Byaruhanga|
William Byaruhanga is a Ugandan lawyer and businessman. He is the Attorney General of Uganda and a member of the Ugandan Cabinet. He was appointed to that position on 6 June 2016, replacing Fred Ruhindi, who was dropped from cabinet.
Background and education
William Byaruhanga graduated from Makerere University, with a Bachelor of Laws. He then attended the Law Development Centre, graduating with a Diploma in Legal Practice. He was admitted to the Uganda Bar in 1988.
Prior to his current appointment, Byaruhanga was the Principal Partner of Kasirye, Byaruhanga and Company Advocates, a privately owned Kampala law firm. On 6 June 2016, he was appointed as Attorney General of Uganda.
- Uganda State House (6 June 2016). "Museveni's new cabinet list At 6 June 2016" (PDF). Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- UCC (7 June 2016). "Uganda Communications Commission: Board Members". Uganda Communications Commission (UCC). Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- KBCA (7 June 2016). "Principal Partner William Byaruhanga". Kampala: Kasirye, Byaruhanga and Company Advocates (KBCA). Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- Uganda State House (6 June 2016). "Uganda's New Cabinet As At 6 June 2016". Scribd.com. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- Juma, Victor (12 October 2016). "Kaberuka among new faces on Centum board". Business Daily Africa. Nairobi. Retrieved 12 October 2016.