|William Andrew Dimma|
August 13, 1928 |
|Awards||Order of Canada
Order of Ontario
Born in Montreal, Quebec, Dimma received a Bachelor of Applied Science degree from the University of Toronto in 1948, a Master of Business Administration degree from York University in 1969 and a Doctor of Business Administration from Harvard University in 1973.
From 1974 to 1976, he was a Professor and Dean of the Faculty of Administrative Studies at York University. He was President of Torstar Corporation and Toronto Star Newspapers Ltd. from 1976 to 1978. In 1979, joined A.E. LePage Ltd. as President and Chief Executive Officer. He was a member of the Board of Governors of York University from 1976 to 1997 and was Chairman from 1992 to 1997.
He has served on 90 boards of directors. He is the author of Excellence in the Boardroom: Best Practices in Corporate Directorship.
In 2016, Dimma sat on the jury panel for the National Business Book Awards.
- "Executive Profile". Businessweek.
- Evelyn Davidson. Who's Who in Canadian Business, 2001.
- "Board of Governors". York University.
- "National Business Book Award".
- "Order of Canada citation".
- "David Mulroney, John Stackhouse, Kirstine Stewart on National Business Book Award longlist". CBC. March 2, 2016. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
|This biography about a Canadian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|