William H. O'Dell
|William H. O'Dell|
|Member of the South Carolina Senate
from the 4th district
October 11, 1938|
Ware Shoals, South Carolina
|Died||January 7, 2016
Greenwood, South Carolina
|Spouse(s)||Aedra Gayle Tisdale|
William Hamilton 'Billy' O'Dell (October 11, 1938 – January 7, 2016) was an American businessman who served as a Republican in the South Carolina Senate from 1989 until his death. He was the CEO of O'Dell Corporation, Inc.
Early life and education
O'Dell was the son of William B. and Sara Francis O'Dell and was born in Ware Shoals, South Carolina. O'Dell earned a bachelor's degree from The Citadel in 1960. He and his wife Aedra Gayle Tisdale are the parents of two children, William B. O'Dell and Patricia Michelle Foster. Prior to being elected to the South Carolina State Senate, O'Dell served as vice-chairman of the Ware Shoals School District 51 board, and later as director of the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce.
South Carolina Senate
O'Dell was first elected to the South Carolina Senate in 1988. O'Dell was the chairman of the General committee. He also served on the Banking and Insurance, Finance, Interstate Cooperation and Labor, Commerce and Industry committees. O'Dell died in his sleep of a heart attack on January 7, 2016.
- "SC.Gov Partner Site". Retrieved January 7, 2016.
- "Abbeville state senator dies at 77". thestate. Retrieved January 7, 2016.
- Jeremy Turnage (January 7, 2016). "Upstate Sen. William O'Dell passes away at the age of 77". Retrieved January 7, 2016.
- South Carolina Legislature - Senator William H. O'Dell official SC Senate website
- Project Vote Smart - Senator William H. 'Billy' O'Dell (SC) profile
- Follow the Money - William H. O'Dell
|This article about a South Carolina politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|