William Pye (priest)
He was a Fellow of Oriel College, Oxford in 1529. He was appointed principal of St Mary Hall in 1537.
He was appointed:
- Archdeacon of Berkshire in 1545
- Canon of Lichfield Cathedral in 1550
- Canon of Wells Cathedral in 1553
- Dean of Chichester from 1553 - 1557
- Prebendary of Westminster Abbey 1554
- Rector of the Church of St Mary, Chedzoy 1554
He was also Vice President of the Council in the marches of Wales.
He was appointed to the first stall in St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle in January 1557 and died in September that year.
- Fasti Wyndesorienses, May 1950. S. L. Ollard. Published by the Dean and Canons of St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle.
- W. D. Peckham, The Acts of the Dean and Chapter of the Cathedral Church of Chichester, 1545-1642 (Cambridge, U.K.: 1959), Nos. 523, 525, 567.