William Robinson (priest)
He was the son of John Robinson of Reading, Berkshire and Lucy Webb.
He married Sarah Bainbrigge, daughter of William Bainbrigge of Lockington, Leicestershire. They had the following children:
- John Robinson became 1st Robinson Baronet of London.
- Henry Robinson, rector of Long Whatton.
He was a Fellow of Queen's College, Cambridge from 1590 to 1603 and University Preacher.
He was appointed:
- Prebendary of St David's Cathedral
- Canon of the 5th Prebend of Westminster Abbey 1608 - 1642
- Archdeacon of Nottingham 1635 - 1642
- Rector of Church of St. Mary and All Saints, Bingham 1635 - 1642
- Rector of All Saints Church, Long Whatton
He was buried in All Saints Church, Long Whatton, Leicestershire.
- Memorials of Cambridge. Charles Henry Cooper. Cambridge University Press. 2012
- The Baronetage of England: William Betham. Burrell and Bransby, 1802
- Acts of the Dean and Chapter of Westminster, 1543-1609: The First Collegiate Church, 1543-1556. C. S. Knighton. Boydell & Brewer, 1997
|This biography of a United Kingdom religious figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|