William Todd Tribell
|William Todd Tribell|
February 10, 1968 |
Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
William Todd Tribell (born February 10, 1968) is an American businessman. He is best known for his involvement with Davidoff cigars in Eastern Europe. He is also the co-founder of the Digital Capital Corporation.
Tribell moved to Moscow in 1991, working with Winthrop P. Rockefeller in the technology sector. As an advisor in Russia, he helped foreign interests navigate the business culture and trends of post-Soviet Russia. Dean Takahashi of Venture Beat magazine wrote that Tribell has, "spent a couple of decades as an advisor trying to commercialize Russian-made technologies for the rest of the world." Tribell also partnered with Davidoff in order to develop the cigar market in Russia, becoming the importer of the cigars in the Commonwealth of Independent States and Baltic countries. His projects with Davidoff have included the conceptualization and design of the Davidoff Malaya Bronnaya boutique in Moscow.
Digital Capital Corporation
In 2011, Tribell and Stewart Kosoy co-founded Digital Capital Corporation in Switzerland. Digital Capital Corporation invests private equity with a focus on funding video games, software, and digital downloads. Tribell has stated that the company prefers to deal with idea-stage ventures, and avoids brick and mortar projects that require inventory. Development divisions of the company include Digital Power Entertainment and Dream Weddings. Tribell is also a member of the Board of Directors. In May 2012, Tribell appeared on a finance panel of industry experts who advised game developers at the Nordic Game Conference in Malmö, Sweden.
In 2008, Tribell wrote and self-published a short digital memoir, Tausadi: My Adventures in the Kalahari, recounting an African lion hunting expedition he took with his father. Tribell has donated to Estonia's Tallinn Children's Hospital Foundation, specifically supporting children with cancer. Tribell’s grandfather, George W. Tribell, died in 1982. He was a recipient of the US Military’s Bronze Star.
- "Metro Business". Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. 6 March 1986. p. 1C.
- "Todd Tribell Is Back". Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. 23 April 1989. p. 1C.
- "Company Overview of Dream Weddings Limited". Businessweek. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Dean Takahashi (February 2, 2012). "Digital Capital wants to play matchmaker for investors and digital entertainment startups". Venture Beat. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Gasparian, Arsen (2004). "Он выбрал Davidoff" [He selected Davidoff]. Hecho A Mano (in Russian). 16 (2): 82–87. ISSN 1608-8670.
- "легенда рынка" [Legend of the market]. tabmag.ru (in Russian). July 2006. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Kelner, Hendrik (12 September 2011). "Гений места, или Что-то совсем другое" [The genius of the place, or something completely different]. cigarclan.ru (in Russian). Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- Andrew, Keith (1 February 2012). "Swiss investor Digital Capital unveils plan to finance smartphone studios". Pocket Gamer. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- Weber, Rachel (1 February 2012). "Digital Capital ready to fund digital games". GamesIndustry.biz. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- Matt Martin (April 30, 2012). "Digital Capital: Mind on the Money". Game Industry International. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Seth Tipps (September 11, 2013). "Former EA VP joins game and app investor as marketing director". Develop Online. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Caoili, Eric (1 February 2012). "Digital Capital connecting investors with game developers". Gamasutra. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- Jordan, Jon (24 May 2012). "Nordic Game 2012: Finance panel says San Francisco costs provide opportunity for European devs". Pocket Gamer. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Tribell, William Todd (2008). Tausadi: My Adventures in the Kalahari (ebook). p. 42. ISBN 978-0982880777.
- "Tallinna Lastehaigla toetusfondi juhatuse esimees Inna Kramer" [Helper must have a big heart]. Eesti Päevaleht (in Estonian). 10 May 2000. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "Late Army Vet Honored". Arkansas Online. July 6, 2013. Retrieved October 21, 2013.