Windsor Police Pipe Band
|Windsor Police Pipe Band|
|Pipe major||Brian Robertson|
|Drum sergeant||Blair Robertson|
1st Place American Championships: 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013 (Grade 3),1st Place North American Championships: 2006 (Grade 5)
History and Traditions
Founded in 1967, the band has grown substantially over the decades. At one point, the organization consisted of 4 complete bands competing in various grades in Ontario and throughout the world.
One of the bands was promoted to grade 1 in 2006 after winning many awards in grade 2. In 2008, the Grade 1 band stopped performing when their pipe major resigned. The current band performs is consistently a contender for prizes in their grade.
As a community service, piping and drumming lessons are offered weekly, free of charge.
Awards and honors
- 1st Place American Championships: 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013 (Grade 3)
- 1st Place North American Championships: 2006 (Grade 5)
- "Windsor Police Grade 1 band folds". Pipes|Drums. September 30, 2008
- "Police pipe band wins big". Windsor Star, Trevor Wilhelm June 13, 2012
- Velie, Jean. "Pine Falls". Springfield Leader, via Newspaper Archives, June 29, 1971. page 6.
- R C M P Quarterly: Revue Trimestrielle de la G R C. Volumes 37-39. Royal Canadian Mounted Police. 1972. p. 25.
- "'It's a celebration of our game': Memorial Cup arrives". Chris Thompson, Windsor Star May 18, 2017
- "'A TRUE HERO'; Thousands of officers mourn a Windsor colleague killed while on duty". The Spectator - Hamilton, Ont. Bonnell, Gregory. May 12, 2006, Page: A.12
- "Remembrance Day service draws appreciative crowd". Mary Caton, Windsor Star, November 6, 2016
- "About Us". Windsor Police Pipe Band. Retrieved 2 April 2011.