Wisdom Jobs is an Indian employment website operating in India, Middle-East & North Africa region. It is one of three major job portals in India along with Naukri.com and Monster.com which provides skill-tested and assessed job seekers. The company is headquartered in Hyderabad, India.
Wisdomjobs.com was founded in 2010 by Ajay Kolla. Kolla initially started a Google group, where he posted vacancies, to assist his unemployed friends for job placements. Between 2008 and 2010, the group placed nearly 20,000 people, which led Kolla to see a potential market for an online student job marketplace that could help in connecting students with trusted professional employers. He invested 3 million Indian Rupees in the venture and the job portal was launched as Wisdomjobs.com with an online skill testing tool, Pragnya Meter, that helps job seekers to test and quantify their skills.
Since inception, the Company has developed a database of over 30 million job seekers and clientele base of over 3,500 recruiters in India, the Middle East, and North America.
Products and services
- Pragnya Meter — An online candidate assessment tool that helps in screening and filtering the applicants based on the score they attain in the test.
- VConnect — A voice broadcasting tool for recruiters
- HR’s Hub — An applicant tracking system
- Quick Source — A custom sourcing service.
Awards and recognition
- Wisdomjobs.com received India SME 100 Awards, 2014-15 from India SME Forum
- Wisdomjobs.com was listed in ASSOCHAM India's Top SME 50 Index and received the Certificate of Excellence for its outstanding performance in the year 2015-16
- "How Ajay Kolla turned a Rs 30-lakh venture into a company generating revenue of Rs 22 crore". The Economic Times. 2014-09-29. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "`Pharma, retail and healthcare sectors lead in salary hikes'". The Times of India. 2017-08-03. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "Indian IT targets Arabian Gulf". The National. 2016-09-03. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- Kurmanath, KV (2014-12-01). "Wisdomjobs.com to dilute 25% to raise ₹40 crore". The Hindu. Retrieved 2018-01-14.
- "Companies as good as their retention rates". The New Indian Express. 2017-11-01. Retrieved 2018-01-14.
- "Most employees dissatisfied with their salary structures: Survey - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- Gupta, Soumya. "Wisdomjobs com Forsees A Future Where Skill Assessment Will be An Essential Part of Job Portal Services". BW Disrupt. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "Ajay Kolla". Huffington Post India. Retrieved 2018-01-14.
- "Companies focus on quality of hire to improve biz metrics: Report". The Economic Times. 2017-11-06. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "Excl: Job search portal Wisdom Jobs in talks to raise $6.5M from Gaja Capital, Helion". Techcircle.in. 2014-11-04. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "Embellished resumes,skill gap key challenges in fresher hiring". Hindustan Times. 2017-05-18. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "Wisdomjobs launches hiring solution for start-ups | Gadgets Now". Gadget Now. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
- "Wisdomjobs.Com Cracks A Place In 'India'S Top 100 SME' Index". Startupcity.com. Retrieved 2018-01-14.
- Korukonda, Ravi. "Wisdomjobs Archives - Start-Up Hyderabad". Start-Up Hyderabad. Retrieved 2018-01-14.
- "Gulf News uncovers global job racket". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 2019-01-20.