Wolf & Badger
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Products||Fashion, Jewellery, Accessories|
The first Wolf & Badger boutique opened in February 2010 and was quickly named one of Britain's Best Boutiques in the April 2010 edition of British Vogue. It was also picked by Time Out as the sixth Best Shop in London.
Recognising its success, Wolf & Badger was selected as one of the Walpole Brands of Tomorrow 2010. Walpole is an organisation set up to promote British luxury. The Wolf & Badger co-Founder and Managing Director - George Graham - was named the Confederation of British Industry Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 2011 for his work in setting up Wolf & Badger.
Wolf & Badger continued to grow rapidly following its launch: in August 2010 Wolf & Badger opened a pop up store in Selfridges department store on Oxford Street, and in 2011 opened a summer store in Porto Montenegro. In 2012 the brand expanded further with the launch of its new flagship store on Dover Street in Mayfair. Like its first store, this space was designed by Augustus Brown. In 2014, Wolf & Badger extended its flagship store to include new juice bar Raw Press.
In November 2014 the Wolf & Badger website was named Rakuten Retail Website of the Year in the Good Web Guide Website of the Year Awards 2014 and in August 2015, the business acquired Boticca to further widen its reach and create a global omni-channel powerhouse for independent brands. Later that year, Wolf & Badger was named by Drapers as Best Multi-Channel Retailer Under £25m.
Since May 2017 there has been an additional Wolf & Badger storefront in the fashionable SoHo district of New York and in early 2018 Wolf & Badger announced its further expansion into a huge new 12,000sqft flagship store in Kings Cross, London.
The company is a "serviced retail" business. Spaces within its stores and online are provided to independent fashion, jewellery, beauty and homeware brands, who act as their own retailers and keep the bulk of sales revenue, as well as gain exposure to press, industry and trade buyers.
- "Wolf & Badger, a London storefront for emerging designers, is coming to New York". Fashionista.com. 8 January 2015. Retrieved 2015-01-24.
- "The 100 best shops in London – The top 10 - Time Out London". Timeout.com. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "'Brands Of Tomorrow' Fear Tough Year Ahead". News.sky.com. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "Growing Business Awards 2011: winners revealed". Real Business. 2011-11-15. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- Ella Alexander (2010-08-13). "Wolf & Badger pop up store (Vogue.com UK)". Vogue.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- Laura Chesters (2012-07-16). "Growth Capital: Brothers who set up a launchpad for fashion world's emerging talent - Analysis & Features - Business - Evening Standard". Standard.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- "Retail 'chameleons' take over the high street". Telegraph.co.uk. 18 July 2014. Retrieved 2015-01-24.
- "Website of the Year Awards - Winners 2014 - The Good Web Guide". thegoodwebguide.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-01-24.
- "Wolf & Badger merges with Boticca to create global omni-channel powerhouse". ProfessionalJeweller.com. Retrieved 2015-08-06.
- "The Drapers Interview: How new brands join the Wolf & Badger set". drapersonline.com. Retrieved 2018-08-02.
- "Wolf & Badger Sets Up Shop in SoHo". forbes.com. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- Lizzie Edmonds (23 July 2018). "Wolf & Badger to open huge new flagship store in redeveloped Kings Cross". Evening Standard.
- "The Times | UK News, World News and Opinion". Women.timesonline.co.uk. 2012-03-13. Retrieved 2012-07-24.