|Location||3948 Caves Road,
Wilyabrup WA 6280, Australia
|Wine region||Margaret River|
|First vines planted||1973/1974|
|Known for||Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Varietals||Cabernet franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Malbec, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Pinot Noir|
|Tasting||Open to public|
Woodlands Wines is an Australian winery at Wilyabrup, in the Margaret River wine region of Western Australia. Established in 1973 by David and Heather Watson, it held its first vintage in 1978, and by the end of 1982 had won trophies at wine shows in Mount Barker, Perth and Canberra with its "Andrew" Cabernet Sauvignon 1981.
In the latter part of the 1980s and the early 1990s, Woodlands sold all of its harvest to other Margaret River wineries. In 1999, the Watsons began a major expansion program. Two years later, Woodlands opened a cellar door, and rejuvenated its own label.
Since then, Woodlands wines have received international acclaim; in annual blind tastings against Bordeaux wines of the same vintage, the Woodlands Margaret Reserve Cabernet Merlot has consistently been rated at or near the top.
- Halliday, James (1985). The Australian Wine Compendium. North Ryde, NSW: Angus & Robertson. pp. 473–477, 490–507. ISBN 0207151377.
- Halliday, James (2009). The Australian Wine Encyclopedia. Prahran, Vic: Hardie Grant Books. ISBN 9781740667746.
- Jordan, Ray (2002). Wine: Western Australia's Best. Osborne Park, WA: The West Australian. pp. 50–99. ISBN 0909699887.
- Scott, Jane; Negus, Patricia (2011). Stories from the Cellar Door: Fifty Margaret River Wineries Tell Their Tales. North Fremantle, WA: Cape to Cape Publishing. pp. 18–19, 100–101. ISBN 9780980333763.
- Zekulich, Michael (2000). Wine Western Australia (all new ed.). Perth: St George Books. pp. 122–235. ISBN 0867780614.
- Woodlands Wines – official site
|This winery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Western Australia article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|