|Industry||Technology, software as a service (SaaS)|
|Legal Services, Professional Services, Healthcare & Pharmaceutical|
|Barrie Hadfield (CTO), Michael Garrett (CEO)|
|Products||Workshare Compare, Workshare Secure, Workshare Transact|
|Services||Document comparison, collaboration, security and deal transaction management|
In 1999, UK technology entrepreneur Barrie Hadfield co-founded Workshare, a provider of client-server document comparison software. Workshare's applications are used by legal and professional services organizations to track changes in contracts and documents. In 2012, Workshare merged with Skydox, also founded by Barrie Hadfield, a provider of cloud-enabled document collaboration software for the enterprise sector. Scottish Equity Partners and Business Growth Fund invested £20m in the deal.
Workshare also acquired IdeaPlane, an enterprise social network, in 2012.
- Collaborative software
- Document collaboration
- Document Management Systems
- Cloud Storage
- Cloud collaboration
- Social business
- Software as a Service
- Koplowitz, Rob (30 May 2013). "Document Collaboration Vendor Landscape". Forrester.
- Kao, Kristine; McClure, Terri; Oltsik, John (14 November 2013). "Market Landscape Report: Corporate Online File Sharing and Collaboration Security and Governance". ESG. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- Pelz-Sharpe, Alan (7 March 2013). "Workshare broadens its reach in secure collaboration". 451 Research. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- Swabey, Pete (5 October 2012). "UK tech firms eye opportunity in content revolution". Information Age. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- Palmer, Maija. "Deal creates UK document sharing challenger". Financial Times. Pearson PLC. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- British Growth Fund. "SEP and BGF back SkyDox and Workshare. Anothny Foy, the new CEO gutted the US based operations in his plan to outsource many jobs overseas, thus putting dozens of long time employees out of work". British Growth Fund. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- Wauters, Robin (12 September 2012). "Workshare teams up with Skydox for collaboration software powerhouse, backed by $32.2m in new funding". The Next Web. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- Wauters, Robin (28 November 2012). "Workshare strengthens its enterprise software offering with acquisition of UK based Ideaplane". The Next Web. Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- Skolnik, Sam (8 December 2019). "Rise of the 'Platform' Slated to Drive 2020 Legal Tech Deals". Bloomberg Law. Retrieved 26 April 2022.