World Scout Education Congress
This content is under construction.Please hold on & improve this article
Please help this article to be expanded.Remove this template after a month.
The First World Scout Education Congress held in Hong Kong in 2013. In the event 500 participants from more than 100 countries participated to discuss the future of education in scouting. This is the 1st scout educational congress in the history of scouting. Over 1,000 people also took part in live video sessions via Internet and shared their ideas and questions in the comment section. The main areas of the congress was 21st century life skills, promoting diversity, youth empowerment and inter-connectivity.
Topics discussed at the Congress:
- Scouting's unity and identities
- Trends in youth and education
- Youth empowerment
- Competencies and skills for life
- The Scout Method
- Reaching out and diversity in scouting
- Learning environments
- Managing our adult resources
List of the World Scout Education Congress
|2013||1st World Scout Education Congress||Hong Kong||Hong Kong||22.–24.11.2013||Scouting: Education for Life|
|2017||2nd World Scout Education Congress||Switzerland||Kandersteg||11.–15.5.2017||Prepared: For a Changing World|
|2019||3rd World Scout Education Congress||Brazil||Rio De Janeiro||7.–10.12.2019|
- Bangladesh Scouts
- Scout Association of Hong Kong
- Asia-Pacific Scout Region (World Organization of the Scout Movement)
- World Organization of the Scout Movement
- 23rd World Scout Jamboree
- "1st World Scout Education Congress (WSEC) concludes". www.scout.org. Retrieved 2016-03-02.
- "1st World Scout Education Congress". www.scout.org. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "3rd World Scout Education Congress to take place in Brazil in December 2019". www.scout.org. Retrieved 2018-05-05.