World Standards Day
World Standards Day (or International Standards Day) is an international day celebrated internationally each year on 14 October. The day honours the efforts of the thousands of experts who develop voluntary standards within standards development organizations such as the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). The aim of World Standards Day is to raise awareness among regulators, industry and consumers as to the importance of standardization to the global economy.
14 October was specifically chosen to mark the date, in 1946, when delegates from 25 countries first gathered in London and decided to create an international organization focused on facilitating standardization. Even though ISO was formed one year later, it wasn't until 1970 that the first World Standards Day was celebrated.
- The Standards Council of Canada (SCC), Canada's national accreditation body, celebrates World Standards Day together with the international community by observing the day near the dates of the international observance. In 2012 SCC celebrated World Standards Day on Friday, 12 October.
- The World Trade Organization, for the celebration of World Standards Day, 14 October 2020, discussed the TBT Committee's Six Principles for the development of international standards
- The United States holds an annual U.S. Celebration of World Standards Day 
- "Less waste, better results - Standards increase efficiency - 43rd World Standards Day - 14 October 2012" (PDF). International Organization for Standardization. Retrieved 20 October 2020.
- "ASME Among Sponsors of 2018 U.S. Celebration of World Standards Day".
- "World Standards Day: October 14". International Organization for Standardization. Retrieved 26 January 2010.
- "The TBT Committee's Six Principles for the development of international standards: Are they still relevant?". wto.org. WTO.
- "World Standards Day". ses-standards.org. The Society For Standards Professionals.
- "U.S. Celebration of World Standards Day (WSD)". ansi.org. ANSI.
- International Organization for Standardization "World Standards Days - 14 October from 1998 till 2013."
- Standards Council of Canada "2012: SCC will be celebrating Friday October 12th"