|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (May 2015)|
|Born||1 February 1960
|Died||3 October 2007 (aged 47)
Wyn married Sue Royal in 1998; with whom he had two children.
He died aged 47 of a brain tumour.
At the age of 18 he began his career as a journalist, working at the Lincolnshire Standard from 1978. From there he joined The Brighton Argus in 1982, where he stayed until 1986. Harness joined The Independent before it was launched, and was the first layout sub-editor. During his time at The Independent he took several sub-editorial roles until he became the chief sub-editor. He later became the assistant editor of The Independent and the Independent on Sunday, where he remained until he left the paper due to ill health in 2006.
The Wyn Harness prize
The annual Wyn Harness prize for young journalists was created by The Independent in his memory.
- Louis Jebb (24 October 2007). "Wyn Harness". Press Gazette. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- Louis Jebb (6 October 2007). "Wyn Harness - Obituaries". The Independent. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- Richard Gurner (9 October 2007). "Top journalist dies aged 47". The Brighton Argus. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- Martin Farrer (1 November 2007). "Obituary: Wyn Harness". The Guardian. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "Mullin to run London Marathon". 11 April 2007. Retrieved 19 November 2011.
- "The Wyn Harness Prize for Young Journalists". The Independent. 3 October 2010. Retrieved 19 November 2011.