|Revenue||CN¥1.862 billion (2016)|
|CN¥ (2016) 59 million|
|CN¥ (2016) 66 million|
|Total assets||CN¥7.989 billion (2016)|
|Total equity||CN¥3.397 billion (2016)|
|Owner||Wang Yonghui couple (36.98%)|
|Footnotes / references|
in consolidated financial statement
|Xiangxue Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.|
|Literal meaning||Guangzhou City Xiangxue Pharmaceutical, Company Limited by Shares|
|Traditional Chinese||香雪製葯[nb 1]|
Xiangxue Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. also known as XPH, is a Chinese pharmaceutical company. It was headquartered in Guangzhou Economic and Technological Development Zone, Guangzhou, the capital of the Guangdong Province. The company started in a place that near to the tourist spot Luogang Xiangxue (now in the Luogang Subdistrict, Huangpu District), thus called itself Xiangxue (Chinese: 香雪; pinyin: Xiāng xuě; Jyutping: hoeng1 syut3; literally: 'Fragrant Snow').
Xiangxue Pharmaceutical was a constituent of SZSE 200 Index (mid-cap index), but was removed in January 2017; it was inserted to SZSE 700 Index (small-cap index) instead at the same time. SZSE 200, 300 and 700 Indexes are subsets of SZSE 1000 Index, the latter is a stock market index for the top 1,000 companies by free-float adjusted capitalization. In July 2017 Xiangxue was also removed from SZSE Component Index, an index for top 500 companies of the exchange.
Xiangxue Pharmaceutical became a "company limited by shares" on 29 December 1997 (roughly equivalent to public limited company); its shares were traded in ChiNext board of Shenzhen Stock Exchange since 2010.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2017)
- "Asia" brand soft drinks (licensed from an investment vehicle the Guangzhou government)
- "Eisiti" Herbal Tea (Chinese: 上清饮凉茶; pinyin: Shàng qīng yǐn liáng chá, discontinued? )
- Jochi brand health supplement
According to 2016 Annual Report,:28 manufacturing and trading medicine accounted for 29.60% and 26.45% of its revenue, with an additional 32.94% from Chinese medicine; soft drinks accounted for 4.91%, it was followed by medical equipment and other revenue.
Eisiti was a competitor of Wong Lo Kat which was produced by Guangzhou Pharmaceuticals and Jiaduobao. The production of Eisiti was suspended in 2011, according to news report, despite the company denial.
- As of 31 December 2016
- As of 31 December 2016
Xiangxue Pharmaceutical was a sponsor of Guangzhou F.C. from 2002 to 2003 season. As of 2017, it was owned by Evergrande Group, a property developer and Alibaba Group, parent company of taobao.com, and the club was known as Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao F.C..
Xiangxue Pharmaceutical also sponsored Guangdong Mingfeng, another youth football team that based Zhaoqing, Guangdong Province to play in Hong Kong First Division League, the professional league of Hong Kong S.A.R., China (across the border of the Guangdong Province) as Xiangxue Pharmaceutical for 2001–02 season. It was replaced by the reserve team of Guangzhou F.C. in 2002–03 season and 2003–04 season. In 2004–05 season Xiangxue Pharmaceutical was the sponsor name of two different teams, that not related to Guangzhou F.C. and Zhaoqing-based club.
Xiangxue Pharmaceutical also sponsored Hong Kong football club Sun Hei SC from 2005–06 to 2006–07 season, as well as Chinese football club Shenzhen F.C. in 2007 and 2008 season. Which the club was known as Shenzhen Xiangxue Eisiti (Shenzhen Xiangxue Shangqingyin) at that time; Guangzhou F.C. was owned by Xiangxue Pharmaceutical's competitor Guangzhou Pharmaceuticals from 2005 to 2009.
Shenzhen F.C. II, the B team of Shenzhen F.C., was also played in Hong Kong as Xiangxue Eisiti in 2008–09 season.
As of 31 December 2016[update],:78–81 two investment vehicles of Chen Shumei (Chinese: 陈淑梅; pinyin: Chén Shū Méi; Jyutping: can4 suk6 mui4) and Wang Yonghui (Chinese: 王永辉; pinyin: Wáng Yǒng Huī; Jyutping: wong4 wing5 fai1), owned 36.98% shares of the company as the largest shareholder. According to the company, they were couple, and Ms. Chen owned most of the stake in their investment vehicles. Part of the shares they owned were pledged (Chinese: 质押).:78 Ms. Chen ceased as the director of the company on 25 May 2016.:85
It was followed by two investment accounts of the National Social Security Fund for a total of 4.09%, a civilian-owned water supply company from Luogang, Guangzhou for 4.06%, Central Huijin Investment for 1.51% and some private equity funds that were managed by the banks.:79
- 葯 could be written as 藥 in traditional Chinese character
- 历史沿革 [History] (in Chinese). Xiangxue Pharmaceutical. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- 2016年年度报告 [2016 Annual Report] (PDF) (in Chinese). Xiangxue Pharmaceutical. 25 March 2017. Retrieved 2 November 2017 – via Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
- 关于调整深证成指、中小板指、创业板指、深证100、中小创新等指数样本股的公告 (PDF) (Press release) (in Chinese). Shenzhen Securities Information. 12 December 2016. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- 深证系列指数样本股调整名单（201701） (Microsoft Excel) (in Chinese). Shenzhen Securities Information. 12 December 2016. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- 关于调整深证成指、中小板指、创业板指、深证100等指数样本股的公告 (PDF) (Press release) (in Chinese). Shenzhen Securities Information. 12 June 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- 深证系列指数样本调整名单(201707) (Microsoft Excel) (in Chinese). Shenzhen Securities Information. 12 June 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- 首次公开发行股票并在创业板上市公告书 (PDF) (in Chinese). Xiangxue Pharmaceutical. 14 December 2010. Retrieved 2 November 2017 – via Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
- 赵, 琳 (26 November 2010). 香雪制药上市前遭资本围猎 大股东蛇吞象涉嫌违法. 华夏时报 (in Chinese). Retrieved 2 November 2017 – via ifeng.com.
- 香雪否认上清饮停产 小品牌凉茶挣扎求生. 羊城晚报 (in Chinese). 18 November 2011. Retrieved 1 November 2017 – via jrj.com.cn.
- 广东名峰香雪制药足球队参加新赛季香港联赛. Nanfang Daily (in Chinese). Guangzhou: Nanfang Media Group. 17 August 2001. Retrieved 1 November 2017 – via Sina.
- 香港足球联赛首次进入内地 区楚良谢育新将到场助兴. 羊城晚报 (in Chinese). Guangzhou. 19 September 2002. Retrieved 2 November 2017 – via Sina.
- 小唐 (31 August 2003). 广州香雪制药公司冠名香港足球甲组联赛. Southern Metropolis Daily (in Chinese). Guangzhou: Nanfang Media Group. Retrieved 2 November 2017 – via sohu.com.
- 深足正式更名上清饮队 约定部分场次移师广州待回应. Sina Sports (in Chinese). 8 January 2007. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- 上清飲冠名香港銀牌杯 林誠駒評港隊衝超及武漢退出 (in Chinese). Beijing: Sina. 20 November 2008. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- Official website (in Chinese) (in English)