XRDP v0.9.1 running on Debian
|Original author(s)||Jay Sorg|
0.9.11 / 19 August 2019
|Written in||C, Assembly|
|Size||> 2.5 MB|
|Type||remote desktop software|
|License||Apache, GNU Public License|
xrdp is a free and open-source implementation of Microsoft RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) server that enables operating systems other than Microsoft Windows (such as Linux and BSD-style operating systems) to provide a fully functional RDP-compatible remote desktop experience.
According to the developers, the protocol works with rdesktop, FreeRDP and as well as Microsoft's own Remote Desktop Client.
The project requires a X Window System installation in order to function.
Historically, the project has been reliant on a local VNC server alongside the main installation, in order to relay the graphics to the server.
However, with the recent introduction of xorgxrdp project, this limitation has been lifted. This enables xrdp to directly work with the X Window System thus improving the user experience.
- "neutrinolabs/xrdp". github.com. Github. Archived from the original on 2018-03-01. Retrieved 2018-09-22.
- "School of GeoSciences:XRDP". ed.ac.uk. The University of Edinburgh.
- "Install and configure Remote Desktop to connect to a Linux VM in Azure". docs.microsoft.com. Microsoft. Archived from the original on 2018-08-15. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- "XRDP from Mac". it.ece.iastate.edu. Iowa State University.
- "Xrdp". Archived from the original on 2018-08-17. Retrieved 2018-09-22.
- "Xrdp". Archived from the original on 2018-02-14. Retrieved 2018-09-22.