|Original author(s)||Jay Sorg|
0.9.15 / 28 December 2020
|Written in||C, Assembly|
|Size||> 2.5 MB|
|Type||remote desktop software|
|License||Apache, GNU Public License|
xrdp is a free and open-source implementation of Microsoft RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) server that enables operating systems other than Microsoft Windows (such as Linux and BSD-style operating systems) to provide a fully functional RDP-compatible remote desktop experience. It works by bridging graphics from the X Window System to the client and relaying controls from the client back to X.
According to the developers, the protocol works with rdesktop, FreeRDP and Microsoft's own Remote Desktop Client.
The project was started in mid-2004 by Jay Sorg  based on the work of rdesktop and FreeRDP that had previously explored implementations of the proprietary Remote Desktop Protocol, including RemoteFX.
- "neutrinolabs/xrdp". github.com. Github. Archived from the original on 2018-03-01. Retrieved 2018-09-22.
- "School of GeoSciences:XRDP". ed.ac.uk. The University of Edinburgh.
- "Install and configure Remote Desktop to connect to a Linux VM in Azure". docs.microsoft.com. Microsoft. Archived from the original on 2018-08-15. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- "XRDP from Mac". it.ece.iastate.edu. Iowa State University.
- "Xrdp". Archived from the original on 2018-08-17. Retrieved 2018-09-22.
- "Xrdp". Archived from the original on 2018-02-14. Retrieved 2018-09-22.
- Griffon (January 10, 2021). "XRDP - Griffon's IT Library". Retrieved January 12, 2021.
- Ed Shway (January 11, 2021). "How to Connect to an Ubuntu 20.04 Server via Remote Desktop Connection using xRDP". Retrieved January 12, 2021.