Xymena Zaniewska-Chwedczuk ([ksɨˈmɛna zaˈɲɛfska ˈxfɛtt͡ʂuk]; July 4, 1924 – February 12, 2016) was a Polish scenographer, architect, fashion designer, and interior designer, born in Poznań. From 1958–1981, she was the main scenographer of Telewizja Polska (Polish Television).
Zaniewska-Chwedczuk often collaborated with her husband, M. Chwedczuk, also a scenographer.
Zaniewska-Chwedczuk died in Warsaw on February 12, 2016 at the age of 91.
Her most notable scenographies include:
- Peter Shaffer's Black Comedy (Warszawski Teatr Dramatyczny; 1969)
- Stanisław Moniuszko's Śpiewnik domowy (Songbook for Home Use) (Teatr Narodowy; 1982)
- Giuseppe Verdi's La traviata (Teatr Wielki, Poznań; 1983)
- "Zaniewska-Chwedczuk Xymena". Internetowa encyklopedia PWN (in Polish). Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- "Zaniewska-Chwedczuk Xymena". WIEM Encyklopedia (in Polish). Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- "Xymena Zaniewska nie żyje. Projektantka mody i scenograf miała 91 lat". gazeta.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 2016-02-12.
|This article about a Polish architect is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|