|Notable regions||Troodos mountain range|
|Notable wines||Commandaria, Xynisteri|
According to some estimates, 33% of Cypriot vineyards, on the south slopes of the Troodos mountain range are planted with this grape variety, a fact that makes Xynisteri the main white grape grown of Cyprus.
Its clusters and berries are of medium size while it is known for its durability against wine diseases. It is used in the production of several local (mainly white) wines. Xynisteri is blended with Mavro grapes for the production of the Commandaria, a wellknown Cypriot dessert wine and it is also used for the production of the local spirit Zivania.
- "Vitis International Variety Catalogue".
- Lazarou, Stalo. "Ξυνιστέρι". foodmuseum.cs.ucy.ac.cy (in Greek). Cyprus Food Virtual Museum. Retrieved 24 November 2015.
- Evoinos Cypriot wine production,"Cypriot Wine Wine".
- "Xynisteri Wine". wine-searcher.com. Wine-searcher. Retrieved 24 November 2015.
- "Xynisteri". vounipanayiawinery.com. Vouni Panaya Winery. Retrieved 14 February 2018.