From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yad may refer to:
Yad (יד) means hand in Hebrew.
It can refer to a
- Yad, a pointer used for Torah reading in Jewish synagogues
- Yad Hachazakah, an alternate name for the Mishneh Torah, the code of Maimonides
Yad can also refer to a monument or memorial. In this usage, it forms a part of several place names:
- Yad Vashem, the Holocaust memorial museum in Jerusalem
- Yad Mordechai, a kibbutz near Ashkelon
- Yad Avshalom, an ancient tomb in Jerusalem
- Yad Kennedy, a memorial for John F. Kennedy in Jerusalem
- Yad La-Shiryon, a memorial for the Israeli armed forces near Latrun
- Yad Natan, a moshav near Kiryat Gat
- Yad Sarah, an Israeli volunteer organization
- Yad, Iran, a village in Isfahan Province
- yad is a program that will display GTK+ dialogs, and return (either in the return code, or on standard output) the user's input. yad is a fork of zenity program.
- Moose Lake Airport, Canada (by IATA code)
- Yagua language (by ISO 639 code)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Yad.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.