Yan Xuetong (Simplified Chinese: 阎学通; Pinyin: Yán Xuétōng; Traditional Chinese: 閻学通; born December 7, 1952 in Tianjin, China) is Dean of the Institute of Modern International Relations at Tsinghua University and the Editor-in-Chief of The Chinese Journal of International Politics (Oxford University Press). After a Bachelor at Heilongjiang University and a Master at the University of International Relations in Beijing, Yan received his Ph.D in political science from University of California, Berkeley in 1992. In 2008, Yan was named as one of world's Top 100 public intellectuals by the American journal Foreign Policy.
His book Analysis of China’s National Interests won 1998 China Book Price and Practical Methods of International Studies was authorized as textbook by Chinese Education Ministry in 2006.
He is considered to be "a hard-liner whose views closely mirror those of Chinese leaders."
- Ancient Chinese Thought, Modern Chinese Power (Princeton University Press, 2010).
- Practical Methods of International Studies --Second Edition (2007)
- International Politics and China (2005)
- American Hegemony and China’s Security (2000)
- Analysis of China’s National Interests (1996)
- China’s Foreign Relations with Major Powers 1950-2005 (2010)
- Strategic Thinking about China’s Rise (2010)
- Thoughts of World Leadership and Implications (2009)
- The Analysis of International Relations (2008)
- The Rise of China and Its Strategy (2005)
- Peace and Security in East Asia (2005)
- Calculation of International Circumstances and Taiwan Issue (2005)
- Security Cooperation in East Asia (2004)
- China & Asia-Pacific Security (1999)
- International Environment for China’s Rise (1998)
- Classic Readings in International Security (2009)
- Pre-Qin Chinese Thoughts on Foreign Relations (2008)
- World Politics – Views From China: International Security (2006)
- Contending Theories of International Relations –Fifth Edition (2003).
- "Norway snub shows sharp edge of China's diplomacy". The Japan Times. Retrieved October 29, 2013.
- Yan Xuetong's resumé
- Interview with Yan Xuetong by Theory Talks
|This Chinese academic-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|