Yanardag (Turkmen: Ýanardag/Янардаг "Fiery Mountain", born 1991), is an Akhal-Teke stallion owned by the former President of Turkmenistan, Saparmurat Niyazov. The stallion is depicted on the coat of arms of Turkmenistan, on a 2001 miniature sheet Turkmenistan postage stamp, and in other Turkmen national representations, and he is also often featured in newspaper and magazine articles.
Biography and representations
Yanardag is an Akhal-Teke horse bred by Geldy Kyarizov, and foaled in Turkmenistan in 1991, the year of Turkmenistan's independence from the Soviet Union. He is described as having a "unique golden-dun colour, characteristic for all Akhalteke horses".
A lifelike image of Yanardag, in a sphere of blue, has since 2003 been the central figure of the coat of arms of Turkmenistan. His image is also on a 2001 Turkmenistan postage stamp, and on the reverse of the 2005 50-manat bill.
- Yanardag at official Turkmenistan webpage on Akhalteke horses.
- SERDAR'S CITY
- Turkmenistan marks Horse Day as national holiday
- Turkmenistan celebrated Day of Turkmen Horse
- FIRST UNIT OF CENTRAL ASIAN SUPER STUD FARM COMMISSIONED IN SOUTH OF ASHGABAT
- TODAY TURKMENISTAN CELEBRATES NATIONAL PRIDE - LEGENDARY HORSES
- Yanardag at official Turkmenistan webpage on Akhalteke horses