Yannick Alléno is a French chef. He has been awarded three Michelin stars since 2007.
Born on December 16, 1968, in Puteaux, Yannick Alléno studied at Santo Dumont High School in Saint-Cloud. At fifteen years old, he started to spend all of his time cooking and learning from the very best chefs. He started his career at the Royal Monceau working with Gabriel Biscay before joining the Hotel Sofitel Sèvres and working closely with chefs Roland Durand and Martial Henguehard. When entering Drouant with Chef Louis Grondard, he worked hard to eventually forge his maturity and his discipline.
He asserted himself in the wake of this renowned chef that he deeply admires, before taking off by himself to run the Scribe kitchens. In 1999, a first Michelin star rewarded his hard work and creativity, which was confirmed in 2002 with a second Michelin star. In 2003, the Hotel Le Meurice entrusted him with the position of chef de cuisine.
Yannick Alléno started to create true works of art the following years. In 2004, he received a second Michelin star and achieved the ultimate accolade in 2007 with his third star. Yannick Alléno, nicknamed "Prince of the Palaces" by the press in 2008, since then has been a member of the elite circle of the world's greatest chefs.
Yannick Alléno, hotel chef above all, likes to create, innovate, taste and play with ingredients in order to obtain the best. Hard work and rigor are his magic words. His talent lies in reinventing dishes from traditional cuisine by giving a unique interpretation mixing precision and surprise.
He gets his inspiration from local products to create links between the classic and the modern. Yannick Alléno continues to demonstrate he likes pushing the boundaries, always striving for unique creations. Being passionate about food and a perfectionist, Yannick Alléno presents a style of cuisine that is considered to be a true art form. Gifted with a strong and creative culinary identity, Yannick Alléno is now one of the greatest chefs in the world, with an assured place in gastronomic history.
In 2008, together with Florence Cane, he launched the Group Yannick Alléno. The aim of the company is to offer his expertise to hoteliers and food professionals. Since then, he has developed his activities and services at Cheval Blanc in Courchevel and in Saint-Tropez and Paris, France, and at the Royal Mansour in Marrakech, at the One&Only The Plam in Dubai, at the Shangri-La in Beijing and in the 101 tower in Taipei. He also launched three years ago YAM magazine for the professionals.
In January 2013, after 10 years he announced his departure from Le Meurice.
Also in 2014, Alléno published "Sauces Réflexion d'un cuisinier" in which he described new methods of flavor extraction for sauces.
- Pavillon Ledoyen – Carré des Champs-Élysées, Paris 8ème – France :
- Alléno Paris : 3 stars Michelin Guide since 2015
- L'Abysse : sushi bar
- Beaupassage – Paris 7ème – France :
- Allénothèque : contemporary restaurant and wine cellar
- Hôtel Le Cheval Blanc – Courchevel – France :
- 1947 : 3 stars Michelin Guide since 2017
- Le Triptyque : contemporary restaurant
- Royal Mansour – Marrakech :
- Gastronomic Restaurant La Grande Table Française
- Gastronomic Restaurant La Grande Table Marocaine
- Restaurant La Table : French cuisine
- One&Only The Palm – Dubaï :
- STAY by Yannick Alléno
- 1O1 : Mediterranean contemporary restaurant
- Terroir Parisien
- Terroir Parisien
- Lotte Hotel – Seoul – Korea
- STAY by Yannick Alléno
- 2006 : Quatre saisons à la table N5, Yannick Alléno et Kazuko Masui, Éditions Glénat
- 2009 : 1.01 billionéations, Yannick Alléno co-écrit par Kazuko Masui, Éditions Glénat – Prix spécial du jury 2010 Pierre-Christian Taittinger – Antonin Carême
- 2009 : Le carnet des tapas des montagnes, Yannick Alléno, Éditions Glénat
- 2010 : Terroir Parisien, Yannick Alléno, photos de Jean-François Mallet, Éditions Laymon – Prix La Mazille Beau Livre
- 2013 : "Ma Cuisine Française" by Yannick Alléno. The most emblematic book for a whole generation – 1200 pages – 1500 €
- 2014 : Best in the world – Beijing Cookbook fair – May 2014
- 2014 : "Sauces, reflections of a chef" by Yannick Alléno
- "World Gourmet Summit 2013". www.worldgourmetsummit.com. Retrieved April 20, 2018.
- "→ Yannick Alléno – Restaurants gastronomiques et bistrots - Site Officiel". www.yannick-alleno.com. Retrieved April 20, 2018.
- "Yam – Le magazine des chefs". www.y-a-m.com. Retrieved April 20, 2018.
- "Yannick Alléno: sauce qui peut !". May 23, 2014. Retrieved April 20, 2018.
- "One and Only -The Palm".