Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Yi, yi, yì, yí, or yī in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Yi or YI may refer to:
- Dongyi, the Eastern Yi, or Tung-yi (Chinese: 夷, Yí), ancient peoples who lived east of the Zhongguo in ancient China
- Yi people (Chinese: 彝, Yí; Vietnamese: Lô Lô), an ethnic group in modern China, Vietnam, and Thailand
- Yi (Cyrillic), the letter of the Ukrainian alphabet written "Ї" and "ї"
- Yi language or the Nuosu language spoken by the Yi people of China
- Yi script, an umbrella term for two scripts used to write the Yi languages
- Yiddish (ISO 639-1 language code: yi), the historical language of the Ashkenazi Jews
Mythology and religion
- Yi the Archer or Houyi, a heroic archer and hunter in Chinese mythology
- Yi (husbandman), also known as Boyi or Bo Yi, a heroic user of fire and government minister in Chinese mythology and ancient history
- Yi (Confucianism), the Confucian virtue roughly equivalent to "righteousness" or "justice"
- Yi (Chinese surname), romanization of several Chinese surnames, for example:
- Yi (Korean surname), including
- Yi County (disambiguation), two counties in China
- Yí River, a river in Uruguay
- Yi River (Henan), a river in China
- Serbia and Montenegro (FIPS country code: YI), a country in Southeast Europe
- Yi (dinosaur)
- Yi (drinkware) (Chinese: 彝), former name for the zun, a traditional bronze drinkware of ancient China
- Yi (editor), a text editor written in Haskell
- Yi (prefix symbol), the prefix symbol of the binary unit prefix yobi, representing 280, the equivalent of the decimal prefix yotta- (Y)
- Yi (vessel) (匜), a different kind of bronze vessel used in traditional rituals in ancient China
- I Ching, or Yijing, ancient Chinese text
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Yi.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.