From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Yi, yi, yì, yí, or yī in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Yi or YI may refer to:
- Dongyi, the Eastern Yi, or Tung-yi (Chinese: 夷, Yí), ancient peoples who lived to the east of the original Zhongguo during the prehistory of ancient China
- Yi people (Chinese: 彝, Yí; Vietnamese: Lô Lô), an ethnic group in modern China, Vietnam, and Thailand
- Yi (Cyrillic), the letter of the Ukrainian alphabet written "Ї" and "ї"
- Yi language, spoken by the Yi people of China
- Yiddish language (ISO 639-1 language code: yi)
Mythology, philosophy, and religion
- Yi the Archer, or Houyi, a heroic archer and hunter in Chinese mythology
- Yi (Confucianism), the Confucian virtue roughly equivalent to "righteousness" or "justice"
- Yi (husbandman), also known as Boyi or Bo Yi, a heroic user of fire and government minister in Chinese mythology and ancient history
- Yi (Chinese surname), romanization of several Chinese surnames, for example:
- Yi (Korean surname), including
- Guo Yi, a minister during the Three Kingdoms period of Chinese history
- Lu Yi (disambiguation), several persons
- Wu Yi (born 1938), Vice Premier of China
- Yi County (disambiguation), two counties in China
- Yí River, a river in Uruguay
- Yi River (Henan), a river in China
- Serbia and Montenegro (FIPS country code: YI)
- Yi (dinosaur), a genus of Middle Jurassic scansoriopterygid theropod dinosaur
- Yi (drinkware) (Chinese: 彝), former name for zun, a traditional bronze drinkware of ancient China
- Yi (editor), a text editor written in Haskell
- Yi (prefix symbol), the prefix symbol of the binary unit prefix yobi, representing 280, the equivalent of the decimal prefix "yotta-" (Y)
- Yi (vessel) (匜), a different kind of bronze vessel used in traditional rituals in ancient China
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Yi.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.