Yohan Goutt Goncalves
|— Alpine skier ♂ —|
|Disciplines||Giant slalom, slalom|
|Born||20 December 1994 (age 23)|
|Teams||1 – (2014)|
Yohan Goutt Gonçalves (born 20 December 1994 in Suresnes, France) is a French-East Timorese alpine skier who has competed since 2013. Goutt Goncalves has also qualified to compete for East Timor at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. By doing so, he became the first athlete ever to qualify from the country at the Winter Olympics. He also competed for East Timor at the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang.
Goutt Gonçalves is the son of a French father, and his mother is from East Timor, allowing him to compete for the latter country. His father's mother was Estonian Eva Goutt (maiden name Liiv), who is related to Estonian poet Juhan Liiv.
Goutt Gonçalves decided against participating at the 2017 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships to participate at the 2017 Asian Winter Games, becoming the first athlete to represent East Timor in the continental competition.
- Timor-Leste at the 2014 Winter Olympics
- Timor-Leste at the 2017 Asian Winter Games
- Timor-Leste at the 2018 Winter Olympics
- Sochi 2014 profile
- GOUTT Yohan Goncalves Biography on FIS
- Trouillard, Stéphanie (5 January 2014). "The skier taking East Timor to the Winter Olympics". France 24. Retrieved 6 January 2014.
- Jones, Ruby (7 January 2014). "Even cooler runnings as skier from tropical East Timor qualifies for Winter Olympics". Australia: ABC Online. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- Passa, Dennis (29 November 2013). "One man's journey from tropical East Timor to the Winter Olympics". The Courier-Mail. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- Waters, Luke (26 August 2013). "East Timor skier eyes winter Olympics". Australia: Special Broadcasting Service. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- Pullerits, Priit (15 February 2014). "Viis sammu Juhanist Yohanini". Estonia: Postimees. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Winter Asian Games are very topical in tropical East Timor". New Zealand Herald. NZME. Pub. Associated Press. 22 February 2017. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
- "Lone skier flying the flag for Timor-Leste at Asian Winter Games". www.ocasia.org/. Olympic Council of Asia. 22 February 2017. Retrieved 22 February 2017.
|This biographical article relating to East Timor winter sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to alpine skiing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|