|Owner(s)||Midlands Newspapers Inc.|
|Headquarters||327 Platte Ave, York, NE United States|
|Circulation||3,477 - 4,349 copies|
Part of Berkshire Hathaway's BH Media Group, the News-Times is published five mornings per week, with Sunday and Monday off. It has an estimated circulation between 3,477  and 4,349. In March 2016, Carrie Colburn was named publisher.
In the late 1800s, York fielded a number of newspapers. On January 1, 1883, the York Democrat was created from a previous paper known as the York Tribune, established in 1872. The York Republican was another newspaper that flourished during this time period and was notable for its large circulation. By the early 1900s, a series of mergers resulted in the York News-Times becoming the last surviving newspaper from the local media boom period.
In 1995, the newspaper's longtime owner, Stauffer Communications, was sold to the Morris Publishing Group. In 2007, Morris sold the News-Times and several other newspapers to GateHouse Media. The News-Times and its nearby sister paper, the Grand Island Independent, were sold to the Omaha World-Herald in 2008; the World-Herald and its subsidiary papers were purchased by Berkshire Hathaway in 2011.
Although print circulation is still below 3,500, the combination of print and digital readership means the News-Times is currently experiencing the most readership in its history. Its website has won the Nebraska Press Association award for "Best Newspaper Website" five times.
In the concern over fake news websites stemming from the U.S. presidential election of 2016, the York News-Times was sometimes mistakenly cited as a "fake newspaper," largely due to its name being similar to that of the well-known New York Times.
- Lincoln Journal Star (3 March 2016). "York News-Times gets new publisher". Lincoln Journal Star. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Business Directory: York News-Times". York County Development Corporation. 2017. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Nebraska Press Association: Search". Nebraska Press Association. 2017. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "York News Times newspaper - MondoTimes.com". www.mondotimes.com. Retrieved 2018-11-02.
- Editor & Publisher (3 March 2016). "York News-Times gets new publisher". Editor & Publisher. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- Our Illustrated York, Nebraska. Reprinted by the York County Historical Association, 1997.
- Moseley, Steve (August 28, 2008). "York News-Times joins World-Herald family". York News-Times. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- "News-Times among Morris newspapers to be sold". York News-Times. October 25, 2007. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- Boles, David (19 November 2016). "Fake News, Makes News". Boles Blogs. Retrieved 24 January 2017.