Yu (Jeffrey) Hu
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for academics. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Yu (Jeffrey) Hu is an professor at Georgia Institute of Technology’s Scheller College of Business. Hu, Erik Brynjolfsson and Michael D. Smith published research on The Long Tail that used a log-linear curve to describe the relationship between Amazon.com sales and sales ranking.
Hu received his Ph.D. in Management Science and Information Technology from the MIT Sloan School of Management. Prior to coming to Purdue University, he worked for the MIT Center for Digital Business. He received a B.S. degree in Finance with the honor of Outstanding Graduating Student from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, and received a M.S. degree in Economics from University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Hu's research has been published in leading journals such as MIT Sloan Management Review, Management Science, Journal of Management Information Systems, and Economic Inquiry. His research on The Long Tail phenomenon on the Internet has been discussed extensively and cited by media outlets such as New York Times, InformationWeek, Wired Magazine, TIME Magazine, and INC. Magazine.
- Hailiang Chen, Prabuddha De, Yu (Jeffrey) Hu, and Byoung-Hyoun Hwang (2011). Sentiment Revealed through Social Media and Its Effect on The Stock Market. IEEE International Workshop on Statistical Signal Processing.
Internet Commerce and the Long Tail
- Erik Brynjolfsson, Yu (Jeffrey) Hu, Duncan Simester. (2011). Goodbye Pareto Principle, Hello Long Tail: the Effect of Search Costs on the Concentration of Product Sales. Management Science, forthcoming.
- Erik Brynjolfsson, Yu (Jeffrey) Hu, Michael D. Smith. (2010). Long Tails versus Superstars: The Effect of Information Technology on Product Variety and Sales Concentration Patterns. Information Systems Research, vol. 21 (4), 736-747.
- Prabuddha De, Yu (Jeffrey) Hu, Mohammad Rahman. (2010). Technology Usage and Online Sales: An Empirical Study]. Management Science, vol. 56 (11), 1930-1945.
- Erik Brynjolfsson, Yu (Jeffrey) Hu and Mohammad S. Rahman (2009). Battle of the Retail Channels: How Product Selection and Geography Drive Cross-Channel Competition. Management Science, vol. 55 (11), 1755-1765.
- Duncan Simester, Yu (Jeffrey) Hu, Erik Brynjolfsson and Eric Anderson (2009). Dynamics of Retail Advertising: Evidence from a Field Experiment. Economic Inquiry, vol. 47 (3), 482-499.
- Erik Brynjolfsson, Yu (Jeffrey) Hu and Michael D. Smith (2006). From Niches to Riches: Anatomy of the Long Tail. MIT Sloan Management Review.
- Erik Brynjolfsson, Yu (Jeffrey) Hu and Michael D. Smith (2003). Consumer Surplus in the Digital Economy: Estimating the Value of Increased Product Variety at Online Booksellers. Management Science, vol. 49 (11), 1580-1596.
- Zhulei Tang, Yu (Jeffrey) Hu and Michael D. Smith (2008). Gaining Trust Through Online Privacy Protection: Self-Regulation, Mandatory Standards, or Caveat Emptor. Journal of Management Information Systems, vol. 24 (4), 153-173.