Yven is a borough in the city of Sarpsborg in Østfold, Norway. It is located east of the city centre on the west side of the Glomma river between Sarpsborg and Fredrikstad. Yven was previously assigned to the former municipality of Tune. As of 1885, the village was estimated to have had 297 inhabitants.
Yven hosted a ship-building industry in the late 19th century, but this production was discontinued around the turn of the century. In 1912 A/S Yven Papirfabrikk ('Yven Paper Mill') was established.
- Smaalenenes amt. Aschehoug. 1885. p. 202.
- Geir Thorsnæs. "Tune – tidligere kommune". Store norske leksikon. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Humaniora Norvegica: the year's work in Norwegian humanities. 1–2. Akademisk forlag, University of Oslo. 1950. p. 209.
- Ortnamn och Kulturhistoria (3-4 ed.). 1962. p. 51.
- Sven Gøran Eliassen (1983). Tune 1800-1930. Tune Kommune. pp. 105, 132.
|This Østfold location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|