|Native name||Заха́р Ну́химович Брон|
17 December 1947 |
Zakhar Bron (Russian: Заха́р Ну́химович Брон [zɐxˈar nʊˈximəvʲitɕ ˈbron]; born 17 December 1947, in Oral, Kazakhstan) is a Russian violinist and violin pedagogue of Jewish descent. He is considered one of the best.
His students have included Vadim Repin, Gwendolyn Masin, Daniel Hope, Maxim Vengerov, Vadim Gluzman, Igor Malinovsky, Denis Goldfeld, Daishin Kashimoto, Tamaki Kawakubo, Mayuko Kamio, Mayu Kishima, Soyoung Yoon, Christoph Seybold, Sayaka Shoji, Nikolai Madoyev and David Garrett.
Before he was well-known, he taught privately in Novosibirsk. Since then, he has taught at the Royal Academy of Music in London, the Conservatory of Rotterdam, the Musikhochschule Lübeck and the Escuela Superior de Música Reina Sofía in Madrid. In 1997, he took up a position at the Cologne Musikhochschule.
- The Way They Play. (by Samuel Applebaum and Mark Zilberquit) Book 14. Paganinia Publication Inc., 1986, pp. 65–114
- Zakhar Bron pronounced in Russian
- "Being educated by the phenomenal Zakhar Bron is equivalent to winning the lottery", Daniel Hope: Wann darf ich klatschen, 2009, p 148
- All Things Strings: Cover Story Archived 2005-12-02 at the Wayback Machine.
- Inaugural Concert Announced Archived 2005-11-21 at the Wayback Machine.
- Kennedy Center: Biographical information for Maxim Vengerov
- Christoph Seybold, Biography
- Official website
- Zakhar Bron School of Music
- Zakhar Bron Chamber Orchestra
- Zakhar Bron - The Agency
- Magister Musicae; Master Class Videos by Professor Zakhar Bron
- Escuela de Música Reina Sofía
|This article about a Russian classical musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a violinist or fiddler is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|