This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Products||Meat, dairy, eggs, animal feed, leather|
Number of employees
According to its website, Zambeef is the largest beef producer in Zambia. The company also provides feedlot services, and manufactures milk, chicken, eggs, leather and shoes. The company operates a fast food restaurant chain and a trucking company, including a fleet of refrigerated trucks. Zambeef grows crops, including wheat, maize, lucerne and soybeans, produces feed, and operates feed processing plants. Its subsidiaries include Master Meats Production Company, of Nigeria. The company's export business is active, especially throughout southern Africa.
Zambeef also has a concessionary agreement with Shoprite to run all their butcheries.
'Zambeef claims to have a good Corporate social responsibility programme, since 2007 it has supported the African football social enterprise Alive & Kicking, giving it space on its Zamleather site as well as start up contributions.
- Slaughters 60,000 cattle per year
- Produces 8 million liters of milk per year
- Processes 3.5 million chickens per year
- Produces 20 million eggs per year
- Produces 120 million tons of feed per
- Processes 90,000 hides per year
- Operates over 80 retail butcheries
- Operates the in-store meat departments of the Shoprite supermarket chain
Zambeef brands include:
- Zamchick Egg
- Zamchick Inns
- Zam Milk
- Zamleather Limited