Beadles with the Denver Broncos in 2012
|No. 68 San Francisco 49ers|
|Date of birth:||November 19, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Casper, Wyoming|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||305 lb (138 kg)|
|High school:||Midvale (UT) Hillcrest|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 2 / Pick: 45|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2016|
Zane Dae Beadles (born November 19, 1986) is an American football guard for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft and has also played for the Jacksonville Jaguars. He played college football for the University of Utah and received All-American honors.
High school career
Beadles attended Hillcrest High School in Midvale, Utah, where he was a three-year starter and did not miss a game during his high school football career. A two-way lineman, Beadles recorded 93 tackles, six sacks, and an interception for the defense and did not allow a quarterback sack as an offensive tackle as a senior. He earned first team all-state and all-region honors.
Considered only a two-star recruit by both Rivals.com and Scout.com, Beadles was not ranked among the nation's best offensive tackle prospects. He chose to attend the University of Utah over Wyoming, the alma mater of both of his parents.
After redshirting his initial year at Utah, Beadles played in all 13 games and started 12 at left guard (he came off the bench against BYU after missing practice with a concussion). He totaled 10 pancake blocks, 10 cut blocks, and 19 knockdowns. In his sophomore year, Beadles was moved from guard to tackle in Utah's preseason camp and started all 13 games at left tackle. He registered 22 pancake blocks, 37 knockdowns, and 17 cuts, and earned a second team All-MWC selection.
In his junior season, Beadles led Utah with 40 knockdowns, while also having 42 pancake blocks and 27 cuts. He played and started in 12 games and earned first team All-MWC honors, helping the Utes reach a BCS bowl, an unbeaten 13–0 season and a No. 2 national ranking in the final AP Poll.
For the 2009 season, Beadles was named to the preseason watch list for the Outland Trophy and the Lombardi Award. He was also listed at No. 6 on Rivals.com′s preseason offensive tackle power ranking. He also was a First-team All-American by the FWAA.
2010 NFL Draft
Beadles was considered one of the best offensive linemen available for the 2010 NFL Draft. Analysts projected him as either an offensive tackle or guard. He was compared to former Ute All-American Jordan Gross. He scored 36 on the Wonderlic intelligence test.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 4½ in||310 lb||33¾ in||9¾ in||36|
|All values from NFL Combine|
As a member of the Broncos, Beadles played in all 16 games every one of his four seasons.
On March 11, 2014, Beadles signed a five-year, $30 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including $13 million guaranteed.
In Beadles's first two seasons, he started all 16 games of each of his two seasons with the Jaguars.
The Jaguars released Beadles on March 3, 2016.
San Francisco 49ers
- "Zane Beadles Recruiting Profile", Rivals.com, retrieved August 22, 2009
- "Zane Beadles Recruiting Profile", Scout.com, retrieved August 22, 2009
- Richardson, Steve (August 11, 2009), 2009 Outland Trophy Watch List Announced, Football Writers Association of America
- Haptonstall, Clark (August 18, 2009), Rotary Lombardi Award Announces Watch List
- Buchanan, Olin; Dienhart, Tom; Fox, David; Huguenin, Mike; Megargee, Steve (August 22, 2009), "Preseason offensive tackle power rankings", Rivals.com
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on August 27, 2009. Retrieved August 12, 2009.
- Brandt, Gil (July 2009). "Idaho's Iupti, Texas' Hall top 2010 draft interior OL prospects". NFL.com.
- McGinn, Bob (February 25, 2010). "Packers may get offensive lineman they need in NFL draft". Journal Sentinel..
- "Zane Beadles Combine Profile", NFL.com, retrieved February 27, 2010.
- Broncos' Demaryius Thomas, Zane Beadles added to AFC's Pro Bowl roster
- "Zane Beadles - Jacksonville Jaguars - 2016 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com". www.rotoworld.com. Retrieved 2016-01-29.
- Alper, Josh (March 3, 2016). "Jaguars release Zane Beadles". NBCSports.com. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- "49ers Sign G Zane Beadles to Three-year Contract". 49ers.com. Retrieved 23 March 2016.