Little is known about his early life, career or episcopacy in Eleutheropolis, however, he is credited that during his episcopacy he had a dream revealing the burial place of Micah and Habbakuk.
- Sozomen, Historia Ecclesiastica VII, 29.
- The (place) of Saint Micah.
- William George Smith, John Mee Fuller, Encyclopaedic dictionary of the Bible, Concept Publishing Company page 346.
- Eusebius, Martyrs in Palestine, ch.9-19
- The Mountain of Judah and the Shephelah (south)
- Eusebius, Ecclesiastical History 365