|Born||November 6, 1974|
La Jolla, California, U.S.
J. P. Gillain
(m. 2012; div. 2016)
Zoe McLellan (born November 6, 1974) is an American actress known for roles in JAG, Dirty Sexy Money, NCIS: New Orleans and Designated Survivor. As of September 2022[update], an arrest warrant against her has been outstanding since May 2021, on charges of kidnapping, child stealing and child custody deprivation; she and her then-seven-year-old son have not been seen since 2019, and she last posted online in September 2020.
Early life and education
In 1995, she began her career on television, appearing over the next five years on episodes of Sliders, Diagnosis: Murder, and Star Trek: Voyager. In 2000, McLellan had her first major movie role, in the fantasy film Dungeons & Dragons.
In 2001, McLellan joined the cast of CBS procedural JAG, in a recurring role as Navy Petty Officer Jennifer Coates. For the final season of the show she was elevated to series regular. After the series ended, McLellan was cast as the wife of Peter Krause's character, in the ABC soapy comedy-drama series Dirty Sexy Money. The series was canceled after two seasons in 2009. McLellan later guest-starred on House and The Mentalist, and also had roles in Lifetime TV movies. In 2014, she began playing the female leading role in the CBS procedural drama NCIS: New Orleans. In July 2016, it was reported that she would not return for season three. In 2017, McLellan was cast in a series regular role in the second season of ABC's Designated Survivor as White House Counsel Kendra Daynes.
McLellan married actor J. P. Gillain in February 2012 and gave birth to a son, Sebastian, in 2013. McLellan and Gillain separated in 2014, with McLellan filing for custody of their son. A custody battle ensued, with Gillain going to court in 2015 when McLellan took their son when she left Los Angeles to work in New Orleans; the couple settled the custody arrangements before the judge had to make a ruling. Their divorce was finalized in 2016. Custody battles continued, and in 2019 McLellan started a personal fund raising effort on FundRazr, thru which she accused Gillain of inappropriate sexual actions towards their son. While Gillain was arrested on first-degree rape and aggravated crime against nature charges against their son in January 2020, all charges were dropped for insufficient evidence in May 2020.
In September 2020, McLellan announced, on her fund raising page, that she was working to change her personal fund raising efforts to a non-profit organization, but nothing had occurred as of May 2021, when an arrest warrant against McLellan was issued on charges of kidnapping her son, child stealing and child custody deprivation. As of September 2022, her fund raising website still shows "This campaign is under review due to active legal proceedings.”
|1994||Imaginary Crimes||Edgemont Girl #4|
|1995||Mr. Holland's Opus||Girl 4|
|1997||Inventing the Abbotts||Sandy|
|2000||Dungeons & Dragons||Marina Pretensa|
|2006||Conversations with God||Zoe – waitress|
|2008||Person, Place or Thing||Alexis||Short film|
|2010||Inside Out||Katherine Taylor||Short film|
|2011||One Fall||Julie Gardner|
|2014||Back to L.A.||Alice||Voice role|
|1995||Under Suspicion||Martha Swail||Episode: "Holy Suspect"|
|Medicine Ball||Episode: "Wizard of Bras"|
|1996||Nowhere Man||Mary||Episode: "Forever Jung"|
|Sliders||Logan St. Claire||Episode: "Double Cross"|
|1997||Home Invasion||Gia||TV movie|
|Silk Stalkings||Marin Kennedy||Episode: "Pink Elephants"|
|1999||The Wrong Girl||Kelly Garner||TV movie|
|Diagnosis: Murder||Detective Taylor Lucas||Episode: "Blood Ties," an unsold pilot for a proposed spin-off series to be entitled Whistlers|
|Stranger in My House||Lara Lipski Lewis||TV movie|
|2000||Star Trek: Voyager||Tal Celes||2 episodes: "The Haunting of Deck Twelve", "Good Shepherd"|
|2000–01||The Invisible Man||Kate Easton||2 episodes: "The Value of Secrets", "Frozen in Time"|
|2002||First Monday||Emmie||Episode: "Showdown"|
|2001–05||JAG||Petty Officer Jennifer Coates||Recurring role (Season 7–9)|
Main cast (Season 10)
|2005||Bitter Sweet||Elizabeth||TV movie|
|2007–09||Dirty Sexy Money||Lisa George||Main cast|
|2009||House Rules||Julia Rose||TV movie|
|2010||Deadly Honeymoon||Gwen Merced||TV movie|
|House||Sidney Merrick / Patient X||Episode: "Baggage"|
|Royal Pains||Kim the winemaker||Episode: "In Vino Veritas"|
|The Mentalist||Marie Jarret Bajoran||Episode: "Red Hot"|
|The Whole Truth||Stephanie Concolino||Episode: "Liars"|
|2014, 2016||NCIS||Agent Meredith Brody||3 episodes: "Crescent City (Part I)", "Crescent City (Part II)", "Sister City (Part I)"|
|2014–16||NCIS: New Orleans||Main cast (Seasons 1–2)|
|2015||Perception||Alice Pierce||Episode: "Brainstorm"|
|2016–17||Suits||Holly Cromwell||4 Episodes: "Quid Pro Quo", "The Statue", "Brooklyn Housing", "Donna"|
|2017||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Dr. Fran Conway||Episodes: "Chasing Theo", " Episode #18.13"|
|2017–2018||Designated Survivor||Kendra Daynes||Main cast (Season 2)|
|2018||Mean Queen||Julie Taylor||TV film|
- "Zoe McLellan". TV Guide. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "NCIS: New Orleans Scoop: Original Cast Member Exits Ahead of Season 3". tvline.com. 27 July 2016. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- Pedersen, Erik (July 18, 2017). "'Designated Survivor': Zoe McLellan Joins Season 2 Of ABC's Kiefer Sutherland Drama". Deadline.com. Retrieved March 21, 2018.
- Juneau, Jen (2016-06-28). "Zoe McLellan Got Pregnant 'the First Time' She Had Sex with Her Ex". People. Archived from the original on 2019-05-11. Retrieved 2019-05-10.
- "'NCIS: New Orleans' Zoe McLellan -- Scott Bakula Leaps to Co-Star's Defense in Custody War". TMZ. 2015-09-02. Retrieved 2022-09-09.
- Casiple, Necta (2016-10-14). "NCIS New Orleans: Zoe McLellan's Divorce Prompted Her Exit". morningledger.com. Archived from the original on 2016-10-20. Retrieved 2017-09-12.
- "Believe The Child Campaign". fundrazr.com. Archived from the original on 2021-01-21. Retrieved 2022-09-09.
- Crockett, Jennifer (2020-01-24). "Former NCIS actor speaks out after abuse charges filed against ex-husband in JP". WDSU. Retrieved 2020-01-23.
- Hunter, Michelle (2020-05-08). "Charges dropped against Los Angeles actor accused of raping child in Metairie". The Times-Picayune/The New Orleans Advocate. Archived from the original on 2020-05-15. Retrieved 2020-05-08.
- "Ex-'NCIS' Star Zoe McLellan Wanted for Kidnapping, Virtually Vanished". TMZ. 2021-07-10.
- Venable, Nick (2021-07-28). "NCIS: New Orleans Vet Zoe McLellan's Ex-Husband Breaks Silence Over Arrest, Says Actress Is 'Not Totally There'". CinemaBlend. Retrieved 2022-09-09.