|Also called||Autorrad Outsider (Chile)
LUIS 4U green (Germany)
Premier RiO (India)
Zotye Hunter (Export)
Zotye Nomad (Export)
|Production||2005 – 2016|
|Body and chassis|
|Engine||1.3 L 4G13 l4
1.5 L 4G15 l4
1.6 L 4G18 l4
|Transmission||5 speed manual
CVT (1.5 only)
|Wheelbase||2,420 mm (95.3 in)|
|Length||3,900 mm (153.5 in)|
|Width||1,555 mm (61.2 in)|
|Height||1,670 mm (65.7 in)|
|Kerb weight||1,130 kg (2,491 lb)|
The Zotye 2008 is a small 5-door SUV produced by Zotye Auto in Zhejiang, China. A facelifted version is sold as the Zotye 5008, and is known in export markets as Nomad and Hunter. The car is named in honour of the 2008 Beijing Olympics and also goes by the model project number XS6402.
It was reported that Zotye had bought the tools and parts of the first generation Terios model from Daihatsu when Daihatsu launched the second generation. Daihatsu Terios is sold in China as the Huali Dario which is made by the Tianjin FAW.
Although it has been alleged that the car is a copy of the which firm, and it has been noted that whilst the front treatment of the grill differs considerably, the rear of the car is nearly identical, the presses for the body panels and associated parts were in fact purchased from Japan in 2006 when Daihatsu launched the new generation Terios.
A facelifted Zotye 5008 was produced as the Zotye T200 from 2013 with a new front and rear, and a revised interior. Production for the T200 ended in 2016.
The 2008 is fitted with a 1.3L, producing 65 kW and 115Nm and can reach a top speed of 140kmh.
The 5008 is available with a choice of 4-cylinder 16-valve engines and made in Japan, 1.3L or 1.5L or 1.6L engines, with manual or automatic transmission, CVT on the 1.5L. The 1.3 produces 68 kW and 113Nm, and the 1.5 produces 78 kW and 134Nm, and can reach a top speed of 145kmh.
The car was launched in various overseas markets including South Africa in 2008. Initially sold as the Nomad with 1.3L and 1.5L engines, it is now sold as the facelifted Hunter and is powered by the same engine as the 1.5L 5008, and is rear-drive only despite its off-roader appearance.
- "The cheapest SUV from Premier Auto, at Rs 5 lakh (8 Oct 2009)". Rediff Business. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Zotye T200 Mini SUV, a New Variant of Daihatsu Terios (Apr 2013)". ChinaAutoWeb.com. Retrieved 13 January 2018.
- "Zotye Hunter". Zotye Chile. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Price and specification". Zotye 2008 website. Archived from the original on 5 March 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Prices and specification". Zotye 5008 website. Archived from the original on 17 August 2012. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "New Chinese SUV for SA". News Today. Archived from the original on 22 April 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Hunter Brochure" (PDF). Zotye South Africa.[permanent dead link]
- Inside Story – Double Trouble. Auto Express, 15 March 2006, page 46
|This article about a modern automobile produced after 1975 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|