The daughter of Jiří Brabec and Zina Trochová, both literary historians, she was born in Prague. After completing her schooling, she worked in the University Library in Prague, in a hospital and as a cleaner. She later became an editor, working for several publishing houses.
Her first novel Daleko od stromu (Far from the tree) was first published in a Samizdat edition in 1984 and then in Prague in 1991. It received the Jiří Orten Award in 1997. This was followed by the novel Zlodějina (Thievery) in 1996. In 2000, she published her third novel Rok perel (Year of pearls), the first Czech novel to deal with lesbian love.
- "Zuzana Brabcová". Czech literature portal.
- Česká televize. "Život až po strop. Zemřela spisovatelka Zuzana Brabcová". ČT24.
- Segel, Harold B. (2003). The Columbia Guide to the Literatures of Eastern Europe Since 1945. p. 86. ISBN 0231114044.
- "Zuzana Brabcová profile" (PDF). Czech literature portal.
- "Magnesia Litera 2013 - vítězové" (in Czech). Municipal Library of Prague.
|This article about a Czech writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|