|Born||9 June 1969|
|Spouse||Rina Frei Schreiber|
Zvi Schreiber (/ˈtsviː/ (born 9 June 1969) is a British-Israeli serial entrepreneur, executive, and author. He founded high-tech startups like G.ho.st, which at the time was considered the only high-tech startup with a joint Palestinian–Israeli team. In 2011 Schreiber was CEO of Lightech which he sold to GE Lighting.
Zvi Schreiber has a BA in Mathematics from the University of Cambridge, an MSc in Theoretical Physics (Quantum Fields) from Imperial College London, and a PhD in Computer Science from Imperial College London. He is the brother of Daniel Schreiber, CEO and co-founder of Lemonade. Schreiber also studied at Yeshivat Har Etzion.
Schreiber is the CEO of startup logistics technology company Freightos, a digital booking platform for international air and ocean freight that he describes as the "equivalent of Expedia/Orbitz/Kayak for the shipment of goods rather than people". Under Schreiber's leadership Freightos also acquired WebCargo which is a booking platform for freight forwarders, airlines and ocean liners, and launched the daily Freightos Baltic Index (FBX) of containerized shipping prices.
In 2011 Schreiber was CEO of Lightech Electronic Industries Ltd, based in Israel, where he had served as a director since 1996. His father David Schreiber, an experienced businessman and investor, chaired the board. Lightech was acquired by GE Lighting at the end of 2011, during Schreiber's tenure.
Schreiber founded the following companies:
- IsraTec Limited
- Tradeum Inc, acquired by VerticalNet
- Unicorn Inc, acquired by IBM
- Ghost Inc (which traded as G.ho.st and has now closed operations).
- Freightos Limited
Schreiber has been invited to speak at software industry events and economic conferences.
He is a co-inventor of several patents and patent applications. He is the author of a paper presenting a Distributed Ledger Technology (Blockchain) algorithm named k-root-n.
- Money, Going out of style, a book which explains the fundamentals of money and explores modern issues of inequality and money printing without inflation.
- Bad Hair Day, a small picture book with his own photography
- Fizz: Nothing is as it seems, which tells the story of the history of physics through a novel about a troubled young girl who time travels to meet Galileo, Newton, Einstein, and others, in the genre of Sophie's World. It earned a five star Clarion rating.
- ^ One team, two offices: Israel and Palestine Fortune Small Business, 10 March 2009.
- ^ "Tech Startup Bridges Mideast Divide", BusinessWeek, 27 December 2007
- ^ "Co-operation in the ether", The Economist, 23 July 2009
- ^ "Lightech Announces Zvi Schreiber as CEO", Edison Report, 1 February 2011
- ^ "The Nine Lives of Schroedinger's Cat", MSc thesis, Imperial College, January 1995.
- ^ "About Us". Freightos.
- ^ Abel, Shira (9 June 2013). "Freightos: Bringing Sexy Back to the Freight Industry". The Next Web.
- ^ "Freightos Buys Air-Cargo Rival to Boost Online Marketplace". Wall Street Journal. 31 August 2016.
- ^ "Container freight rates soar on consumer goods boom, supply chain kinks". Reuters. 18 November 2020.
- ^  Lightech's website
- ^  Lightech's team as of 2010
- ^ "GE Lighting buys LED co Lightech for $20m - Globes". 20 July 2011.
- ^ VerticalNet Buys B2B Trading Partner Internet News, 8 March 2000.
- ^ "IBM Acquires Yet Another Business Intelligence ISV", Enterprise Systems, 17 May 2006
- ^ "Israelis and Palestinians Launch Web Start-Up", New York Times, 29 May 2008.
- ^ "The Entire D6 G.ho.st Demo", Wall Street Journal, D: All Things Digital conference 2008
- ^ G.ho.st at Demo 2008 conference
- ^ Innovate Europe 2007
- ^ Milken Institute Global Conference 2009
- ^ US Patent Office search
- ^ Schreiber, Zvi (February 2020). "k-root-n: An Efficient Algorithm for Avoiding Short Term Double-Spending Alongside Distributed Ledger Technologies such as Blockchain". Information. 11 (2): 90. doi:10.3390/info11020090.
- ^ Money, Going out of style, book website
- ^ Money, Going out of style, book on Amazon
- ^ Bad Hair Day? (Mini Book in the Charming Petite Series)
- ^ Fizz web site
- ^ Fizz on Amazon
- ^ Foreword Clarion Review of Fizz.
- Books by Zvi Schreiber at Amazon.com
- Fizz official web site Archived 9 January 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- Freightos' web site