|Compilation album by Phil Collins|
|Released||October 1987 (UK)
19 April 1988 (US)
|Studio||The Townhouse, London and Old Croft, Surrey|
|Label||Virgin (UK and Ireland)
Atlantic (US and Canada)
WEA (Rest of the world)
|Phil Collins chronology|
12"ers (pronounced 12 Inchers) is a compilation album by the English singer-songwriter Phil Collins, the lead vocalist and drummer for the rock band Genesis. The album contains six tracks from his 1985 hit album, No Jacket Required, remixed. All special extended remixes are by John 'Tokes' Potoker, except for "One More Night" remixed by Hugh Padgham. The remixes on this album were originally released on various 12-inch LP singles which were taken from the album No Jacket Required, hence the name. All four singles alongside with two other songs that are from No Jacket Required.
Reviewing for AllMusic, critic Shawn M. Haney wrote of the album "The album is a great way to reflect back on one's wondrous memories of '80s life. This will find the listener in the middle of an enjoyable musical experience, especially for those who were and continue to be a part of Collins' fan base."
All songs written and composed by Phil Collins, except where noted.
|1.||"Take Me Home"||8:07|
|3.||"Who Said I Would"||5:51|
|4.||"Only You Know and I Know" (Lyrics: Collins, Music: Daryl Stuermer)||6:56|
|5.||"Don't Lose My Number"||6:36|
|6.||"One More Night"||6:21|
- Phil Collins - lead & backing vocals, drums, keyboards
- Daryl Stuermer - guitars
- John Potoker - drum overdubs, backing vocals
- "Phil Collins - 12 Inchers tracks and credits". The Internet Archive: The Official Site for Phil Collins. Phil Collins, Philip Collins Ltd, TSPM & Hit & Run Music / The Internet Archive. Archived from the original on 10 January 2008. Retrieved 15 July 2009.
- Often stated as a 1987 release as the compilation is copyrighted in 1987.
- "Phil Collins - 12"ers (CD) at Discogs". Discogs. discogs.com. Retrieved 12 November 2008.