1941 in architecture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|List of years in architecture (table)|
|... 1931 . 1932 . 1933 . 1934 . 1935 . 1936 . 1937 ...
1938 1939 1940 -1941- 1942 1943 1944
... 1945 . 1946 . 1947 . 1948 . 1949 . 1950 . 1951 ...
|Art . Archaeology . Architecture . Literature . Music . Philosophy . Science +...|
The year 1941 in architecture involved some significant events.
- Hoover Tower in Stanford, California, United States, completed.
- Australian War Memorial in Canberra, Australia, completed.
- Lord Elgin Hotel in Ottawa, Canada, completed.
- Smith-Reynolds Airport in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States, completed.
- Replica of the Parthenon, in concrete, in Nashville, Tennessee, completed.
- Presidential Palace of Tirana, Albania, completed.
- Karlskoga city hall in Sweden designed by Sune Lindström.
- Schwerbelastungskörper, Berlin, Germany, built by Dyckerhoff & Widmann AG.
- September 13 - Tadao Ando, Japanese "critical regionalist" architect
- date unknown - Peter Corrigan, Australian architect
- approximate date - Yasmeen Lari, Pakistani architect
- February 12 - Charles Voysey, English Arts and Crafts designer and domestic architect (born 1857)
- September 2 - H. Craig Severance, New York architect (born 1879)
- December 30 - El Lissitzky, Russian artist, designer, photographer, typographer, polemicist and architect (born 1890)