1982 New Zealand rugby league season
The 1982 New Zealand rugby league season was the 75th season of rugby league that had been played in New Zealand.
New Zealand toured Australia and Papua New Guinea. The Kiwis lost the series 0-2 to Australia but defeated Papua New Guinea 56-5. New Zealand were coached by Ces Mountford and included; Gary Kemble, Gary Prohm, James Leuluai, Olsen Filipaina, Dane O'Hara, Fred Ah Kuoi, Gordon Smith, Howie and Kevin Tamati, Mark Broadhurst, PNG Test captain Graeme West, Bruce Gall, Australian Test captain Mark Graham, John Whittaker, Hugh McGahan, Kevin Fisher, Clayton Friend, Owen Wright and Tony Coll.
Rugby League Cup
National Club competition
Mount Albert won the Auckland Rugby League's Fox Memorial Trophy, defeating Otahuhu 18-8 in the final. Otahuhu won the Roope Rooster, Stormont Shield and Kiwi Shield. Glenora won the Rukutai Shield and Norton Cup. Mangere East won the Sharman Cup.
Hugh McGahan (Otahuhu) won the Lipscombe Cup and Bert Humphries Memorial (forward), Owen Wright (Otahuhu) won the Rothville Trophy, Clayton Friend (Manukau) won the Bert Humphries Memorial (back), Fred Muller (Otahuhu) won the Tetley Trophy, Billy Kem (Glenora) won the Painter Rosebowl Trophy while Ian Gorden (Otahuhu) won the Hyland Memorial Cup.
Mark Bourneville played for Mount Albert.
The Hibiscus Coast Raiders were formed in 1982.
Kevin Tamati played for Randwick.
- Sky Rugby League Annual '98 New Zealand Rugby League, 1998
- Coffey, John and Bernie Wood Auckland, 100 years of rugby league, 1909-2009, 2009. ISBN 978-1-86969-366-4.
- Coffey, John. Canterbury XIII, Christchurch, 1987.
- Lion Red Rugby League Annual 1990 New Zealand Rugby League, 1990. p.72
- Lion Red Rugby League Annual '96, New Zealand Rugby Football League, 1996. p.198.
- Taranaki Grand Final Countdown rleague.com, 11 July 2003