|Full name||Frank Morris Endacott|
|As of 24 February 2009|
Endacott played for Addington and Hornby in the Canterbury Rugby League competition. He made the Junior Kiwis in 1963, but after marrying and having a family of four sons decided not to take his rugby league playing career any further.
Coaching in New Zealand
Endacott started coaching Canterbury provincial sides in New Zealand before becoming involved with the Auckland Warriors, coaching the reserve side in the club's debut year in 1995. He continued with this role until John Monie was sacked as head coach halfway through the 1997 Super League season. He was the head coach of the Warriors for the rest of 1997 and the 1998 season, leaving after being dumped by the club's new owners prior to the 1999 season.
Coaching in England
Endacott joined Wigan Warriors after the 1999 season, initially only on a one-year contract. In 2000 he was named Super League's Coach of the Year. Endacott took the Wigan Warriors to the 2000 Super League Grand Final but lost against St Helens RLFC. He went on to coach the club until 2001. He won the Minor Premiership in 2000 and made the Grand Final but was sacked after a string of bad results in the 2001 season. However club chairman Maurice Lindsay said that Endacott had left the club in a better state than he'd found it.
In August 2004 Frank put his player management business on hold to act as an advisor to the Widnes Vikings. He helped the Vikings to avoid relegation at the end of the season and was subsequently appointed as head coach for the 2005 Season. He left at the end of the 2005 season after the Vikings were relegated from the Super League.
Player Agent & Later life
In 2002, his biography Being Frank was published.
- Richard Becht. A New Breed Rising: The Warriors Winfield Cup Challenge. Auckland, HarperCollins, 1994. ISBN 1-86950-154-3. p.141.
-  NZ HERALD, 30 January 1999
- Previous Winners The Sir Richard Hadlee Sports Trust
- "Super League Team-by-team guide". telegraph.co.uk (UK: Telegraph Media Group Limited). 1 March 2001. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- 'Teddy bear' Endacott to coach Wigan The Independent, 3 December 1999
- Wigan sack Endacott BBC Sport, 14 May 2001
- Endacott relishes fight at Widnes The Guardian, 28 August 2004
- How the Engage Super League clubs will finish in 2005 The Times, 10 February 2005
- Endacott calls it a day at Widnes BBC Sports, 14 September 2005
- Kiwi Ferns and New Zealand Police both in World Cup Finals NZRL, 13 November 2008
- "Williams' dash 'a disgrace' - Endacott". The Press. 28 July 2008. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- Being Frank: A Biography of Rugby League Coach Frank Endacott (Paperback) amazon.co.uk
- Endacott, Frank; John Oliver Coffey (2002). Being Frank: the Frank Endacott story. Hodder Moa Beckett. ISBN 1-86958-922-X. ISBN 9781869589226.
- Frank Endacott Wigan Coaching Career Page on the Wigan RL Fansite.
New Zealand Kiwis
New Zealand Warriors