1992 in archaeology
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Table of years in archaeology|
|Related time period or subjects|
|Art Archaeology Architecture Literature Music Science more
In Template:Year nav topic: extra parameters: science
The year 1992 in archaeology involved some significant events.
- El Fuerte de Samaipata near Samaipata, Bolivia excavated by Dr. Albert Meyers of the University of Bonn.
- Stone tools 2.6 million years old are first found at Gona in the Afar Depression of Ethiopia.
- June: Villa Mendo Roman Villa at Rio Alto, Portugal.
- 16 November: Hoxne Hoard discovered by metal detectorist Eric Lawes in Suffolk, England.
- Donald B. Redford – Egypt, Canaan, and Israel in Ancient Times.
- Nils Ringstedt – Household Economy and Archaeology: some aspects of theory and applications.
- Lawrence Guy Straus – Iberia Before the Iberians: the Stone Age prehistory of Cantabrian Spain.
- Barrie Trinder (ed.) – The Blackwell Encyclopedia of Industrial Archaeology.