1st Brigade (Ireland)
1st (Southern) Brigade shoulder flash
|Part of||Irish Army|
|Garrison/HQ||Collins Barracks (Cork)|
|Brigadier-General Derry Fitzgerald|
The 1st Brigade (known as 1st (Southern) Brigade until the 2012 reorganisation of the army) is a brigade of the Irish Army. Its headquarters are in Cork. The 1st Brigade is responsible for military operations in the south of Ireland. Its area of responsibility includes the counties of Galway, Offaly, Laois, Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Waterford, Cork, Kerry, Limerick and Tipperary. It is also responsible for the security of a number of important installations including Cork harbour, Cork Airport, Shannon Airport and Farranfore Airport.
- Brigade HQ - Collins Barracks, Cork.
- 1st Infantry Battalion (Galway)
- 3rd Infantry Battalion (Ireland) (Kilkenny)
- 12th Infantry Battalion (Limerick)
- 1 Artillery Regiment (Cork)
- 1 Cavalry Squadron (Cork)
- 1 Communication and Information Services Company (Cork)
- 1 Engineer Group (Cork)
- 1 Supply & Transport Group (Cork)
- 1 Ordnance Group (Cork)
- 1 Military Police Company (Cork)
- "General Officer Commanding 1st Brigade". military.ie. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
|This article about a specific military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|