2015 UCI Road World Championships
Location in the United States
|Host city||Richmond, Virginia, United States|
|Date(s)||September 19–27, 2015|
|Cyclists participating||elite, under-23, junior|
- Richmond, Virginia, United States
- Richmond announced its bid to host these championships at an official press conference on December 21, 2010.
- Oman 
- Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
- Quebec City bid for these championships after being encouraged by Pat McQuaid, president of the UCI. Quebec City was the only Canadian city that entered a bid by Cycling Canada's deadline of November 7, 2010. In 2011 Quebec City withdrew, citing the high cost of hosting the event ($20 million).
On September 21, 2011, Richmond was selected as host. The event will be held September 19–27, 2015.
An UCI official inspected the courses in December 2013. The courses will be officially announced around February 2014.
All the races will finish downtown Richmond on Broad Street, where the last few hundred meters are relatively flat. The lead-up in the final kilometers will be a bit uphill. Each lap of the 10-mile road circuit will contain a number of short, challenging climbs. Each lap of the circuit contains about 400 feet of climbing and includes cobbles.
The courses was used in competition during the national collegiate championships over May 2–4, 2014.
- Jones, Will (September 21, 2011). "Richmond picked to host World Road Cycling Champtionship". Richmond Times-Dispatch. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- Union Cycliste Internationale
- "Richmond 2015 Bid Announcement Video". Richmond 2015. July 4, 2011. Retrieved October 18, 2011.
- Daily Peloton - Pro Cycling News
- Oman To Bid For 2015 Road World Championships | Cyclingnews.com
- Canada to bid for 2015 UCI Road World Championships | Cycling | insidethegames.biz
- Canadian Cycling submits bid for Worlds | bettor.com
- Québec withdraws bid for the 2015 cycling world road championships
- "UCI inspecting Richmond courses for 2015 world road race championships". velonation.com. December 28, 2013. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
- "Inside 2015: The Race Courses". Richmond 2015. August 29, 2013. Retrieved January 30, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2015 UCI Road World Championships.|
|This cycling race-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|