|Centuries:||4th century – 5th century – 6th century|
|Decades:||430s 440s 450s – 460s – 470s 480s 490s|
|Years:||460 461 462 – 463 – 464 465 466|
|463 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||1216|
|Bahá'í calendar||−1381 – −1380|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||壬寅年 (Water Tiger)
3159 or 3099
— to —
癸卯年 (Water Rabbit)
3160 or 3100
|- Vikram Samvat||519–520|
|- Shaka Samvat||385–386|
|- Kali Yuga||3564–3565|
|Igbo calendar||−537 – −536|
|Iranian calendar||159 BP – 158 BP|
|Islamic calendar||164 BH – 163 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1449 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||1006|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 463.|
Year 463 (CDLXIII) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Basilius and Vivianus (or, less frequently, year 1216 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 463 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Kibi Clan Rebellion in the Korean peninsula begins.
- Childeric I, king of the Salian Franks, allies with the Roman general Aegidius. During a battle near Orléans the Visigoths under king Theodoric II are defeated by the Franks while crossing the Loire River.
- The Suebi live under a diarchy, and fight a civil war over the kingship in Galicia (Northern Spain).
- Frumar, Suevic king of Galicia (approximate date)
- Richimund, Suevic king of Galicia (approximate date)
- Romanus of Condat, hermit and saint (approximate date)