A Pagan Day
|A Pagan Day|
|Studio album by Psychic TV|
|Label||Temple Records TOPY 003|
|A Pagan Day|
TOPY 017 1986, black vinyl
This recording was first released as TOPY 003 on 23 December 1984 as a picture disc, limited to 999 copies. One side was a full color photograph of Carresse P-Orridge as a baby, the other side had text in red on white. It was only available to shops and distributors between 11 am and 12 am on launch day.
All music was recorded on a 4-track cassette machine under the guidance of Alex Fergusson, an original co-founder of the group, with Genesis P-Orridge. A Pagan Day was subtitled Pages From A Notebook as the material was a sketch of the songs, revealing of the process itself.
Temple Records releases
- "We Kiss"
- "Cold Steel"
- "Translucent Carriages"
- "Baby's Gone Away"
- "New Sexuality"
The 1984 picture disc release was limited to 999 copies (TOPY 003) and had the scratched message "Just Like Arcadia". High collector prices being paid for the original picture disc.
The 1986 black vinyl unlimited edition (TOPY 017) was released due to popular demand and had the scratched message "TOPY 017: for Alex".
Cleopatra Records CD release
|Label||Cleopatra Records CD, CLEO 94692,1994|
Rereleased in 1994 as "Genesis P-Orridge & Psychic TV – Pagan Day", with a cover noting the original date as 25 December 1986, incorrectly, by Cleopatra Records (CLEO94692).
- We Kiss
- Cold Steel
- Lost Angeles
- Translucent Carriages
- Baby's Gone Away
- New Sexuality
Bonus Tracks (listed on sticker on shrinkwrap only):
- As Tears Go By - originally issued on the "Live In Toronto" LP
- Unclean (Gen's mic mix) - previously unreleased
- Pirates - originally issued on the William S. Burroughs "Thee Films" VHS soundtrack
- e.g. $125 at an online marketplace, accessed June 24, 2008
- A Pagan Day, cover notes, Temple Records TOPY 003, 23 December 1984
- Pagan Day, cover notes, Temple Records TOPY 017, 1986
- Pagan Day, cover notes, Cleopatra Records, 1994
|This 2000s electronic music album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|