Gray with the Raptors in 2013
|No. 33 – Sacramento Kings|
December 7, 1984 |
|Listed height||7 ft 0 in (213 cm)|
|Listed weight||270 lb (122 kg)|
|High school||Emmaus (Emmaus, Pennsylvania)|
|NBA draft||2007 / Round: 2 / Pick: 49th overall|
|Selected by the Chicago Bulls|
|Pro playing career||2007–present|
|2010–2011||New Orleans Hornets|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
- 1 High school career
- 2 College career
- 3 Professional career
- 4 Career statistics
- 5 References
- 6 External links
High school career
Gray played high school basketball at Emmaus High School in Pennsylvania's highly competitive Lehigh Valley Conference. Gray did not start playing for the varsity team until the middle of his sophomore season.
While at Emmaus, Gray was recruited by, and committed to attend, the University of Pittsburgh. He chose Pitt over Penn State and Rutgers, which also aggressively recruited him. In Gray's senior season, he won the Pennsylvania Gatorade Player of the Year.
While at Pitt, Gray was named an Associated Press Third Team All-American, after helping lead the University of Pittsburgh to the Sweet 16 in the 2007 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament in March 2007.
In 2007, Gray announced his intention to enter the 2007 NBA Draft. At the NBA's 2007 pre-draft camp, Gray was the only player whose height measured at least seven feet without shoes. He is 7'0" and weighs 270 pounds.
He graduated from the University of Pittsburgh and was selected by the Chicago Bulls with the 49th overall selection.
Gray made his NBA debut with the Bulls on November 2, 2007 against the Philadelphia 76ers. On April 16, 2008 against the Toronto Raptors, he recorded 19 points, 22 rebounds and 2 assists in 35 minutes of play. In the 2007–08 season, Gray scored 262 points and recorded 168 rebounds for the Bulls.
New Orleans Hornets
On July 15, 2010, the Hornets re-signed Gray.
On July 27, 2012, Gray was re-signed by the Raptors.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Bulls beat Raptors as Toronto barely uses starters
- "HORNETS ACQUIRE AARON GRAY FROM BULLS". NBA.com. 2010-01-25. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- Hornets re-sign Aaron Gray
- "Raptors sign center Aaron Gray". InsideHoops.com. December 11, 2011. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- "Raptors Sign Free-Agent Centre Aaron Gray". NBA.com. December 11, 2011. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- Raptors re-sign Gray, ink free-agent guard Lucas III
- Notebook: Warriors 114, Raptors 102
- "Kings Acquire Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray from Toronto". NBA.com. December 9, 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com
- Aaron Gray at ESPN.com: College Basketball & NBA
- Aaron Gray at NBA Draft.net
- Aaron Gray at University of Pittsburgh Athletics Web Site
- Aaron Gray pre-draft measurements at DraftExpress