Abrams Municipal Airport
|Abrams Municipal Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: 4D0|
|Owner||City of Grand Ledge|
|Serves||Grand Ledge, Michigan|
|Elevation AMSL||842 ft / 257 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Abrams Municipal Airport (FAA LID: 4D0) is a city-owned, public-use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) north of the central business district of Grand Ledge, a city in Clinton County, Michigan, United States. The airport is accessible by road from Eaton Highway, and is located 2.1 miles (3.4 km) south of Interstate 96, just east of M-100.
Facilities and aircraft
Abrams Municipal Airport covers an area of 160 acres (65 ha) at an elevation of 842 feet (257 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 9/27 is 3,200 by 75 feet (975 x 23 m) with an asphalt surface; 18/36 is 2,580 by 120 feet (786 x 37 m) with a turf surface. Runway 18/36 is closed to fixed-wing aircraft from November through April. The airport is staffed daily from 8AM until dusk.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2007, the airport had 12,300 aircraft operations, an average of 33 per day: 81% general aviation and 19% military. At that time there were 45 aircraft based at this airport: 49% single-engine, 9% multi-engine and 42% military.
- Activate MIRL runway 09/27 and REIL runway 27 - CTAF.
- Intensive National Guard helicopter training on & in the vicinity of airport.
- Runway 18/36 closed to fixed-wing aircraft November-April, soft in spring.
- Avoid overflight of Grand Ledge below 2,000 ft (610 m).
- This airport has been surveyed by the National Geodetic Survey.
- TPA for helicopters 1,700 ft (520 m) MSL (858 ft AGL); fixed wing TPA 1,900 ft (580 m) MSL.
- PDF (45.3 KiB) at Michigan Airport Directory
- Grand Air Aviation, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial photo as of 23 April 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 4D0, effective April 3, 2014
- Resources for this airport: