Adams Township, Champaign County, Ohio
|Adams Township, Champaign County, Ohio|
Rosewood, a community in southern Adams Township
Municipalities and townships of Champaign County
Location of Champaign County in Ohio
|• Total||31.1 sq mi (80.5 km2)|
|• Land||31.1 sq mi (80.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,142 ft (348 m)|
|• Density||35.4/sq mi (13.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085838|
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Miami Township, Logan County - north
- Harrison Township - east
- Concord Township - southeast
- Johnson Township - south
- Green Township, Shelby County - west
- Perry Township, Shelby County - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township clerk, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the clerkship or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Champaign County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- Middleton, Evan P. (1917). History of Champaign County, Ohio: Its People, Industries and Institutions, Volume 1. B.F. Bowen. p. 319.
- The History of Champaign County, Ohio. W.H. Beers & Company. 1881. p. 457.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Archived from the original on 16 March 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-16.