Jackson Township, Champaign County, Ohio
|Jackson Township, Champaign County, Ohio|
Countryside in southeastern Jackson Township
Municipalities and townships of Champaign County
Location of Champaign County in Ohio
|• Total||37.4 sq mi (96.8 km2)|
|• Land||37.4 sq mi (96.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,191 ft (363 m)|
|• Density||67.8/sq mi (26.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085842|
Jackson Township is one of the twelve townships of Champaign County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,535 people in the township, 1,763 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Johnson Township - north
- Mad River Township - east
- German Township, Clark County - southeast corner
- Pike Township, Clark County - south
- Elizabeth Township, Miami County - southwest corner
- Lost Creek Township, Miami County - west
- Brown Township, Miami County - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Champaign County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 12 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.